It’s official: Jackie Bradley Jr. won’t be eligible for free agency after 2018
|05.06.13 at 5:01 pm ET|
Triple-A Pawtucket placed outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. on the seven-day disabled list (retroactive to May 4) due to tendinitis in his right biceps. He’d sat out the last two games due to the condition, and he’d been limited to designated hitter duties prior to that.
Wednesday will mark Bradley’s 20th day in the minor leagues since being optioned to Triple-A by the Red Sox. As such, he will remain on the DL through the date when he will have spent enough time in the minors for the Sox to avoid having him gain free agent eligibility after the 2018 season.
Of course, the DL stint merely confirms what had already become inevitable. Of greater significance to the Sox and Bradley is the opportunity for the center fielder to get back on the field.
Bradley is hitting .302 with a .400 OBP in 11 Triple-A games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Reports: Red Sox receive 1-year IFA ban, 5 players made free agents
- Scouting Scratch: Aaron Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Monge carries Salem, Butler lifts Pawtucket
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game