Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns to face Twins’ starter Vance Worley
|05.06.13 at 2:56 pm ET|
Returning to the Red Sox lineup against Twins right-hander Vance Worley will be Will Middlebrooks, who got the day off Sunday against Texas ace Yu Darvish. The third baseman is hitting .195 with a .623 OPS to go along with six home runs, although he has totaled a slightly-improved .265 average with a .736 OPS in his previous 10 games.
No current member of the Red Sox has totaled more than three at-bats against Worley, who is tied for the worst ERA in the majors (7.22).
With Clay Buchholz getting the start for the Red Sox, here is the home team’s lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler