Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns to face Twins’ starter Vance Worley
|05.06.13 at 2:56 pm ET|
Returning to the Red Sox lineup against Twins right-hander Vance Worley will be Will Middlebrooks, who got the day off Sunday against Texas ace Yu Darvish. The third baseman is hitting .195 with a .623 OPS to go along with six home runs, although he has totaled a slightly-improved .265 average with a .736 OPS in his previous 10 games.
No current member of the Red Sox has totaled more than three at-bats against Worley, who is tied for the worst ERA in the majors (7.22).
With Clay Buchholz getting the start for the Red Sox, here is the home team’s lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell