Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns to face Twins’ starter Vance Worley
|05.06.13 at 2:56 pm ET|
Returning to the Red Sox lineup against Twins right-hander Vance Worley will be Will Middlebrooks, who got the day off Sunday against Texas ace Yu Darvish. The third baseman is hitting .195 with a .623 OPS to go along with six home runs, although he has totaled a slightly-improved .265 average with a .736 OPS in his previous 10 games.
No current member of the Red Sox has totaled more than three at-bats against Worley, who is tied for the worst ERA in the majors (7.22).
With Clay Buchholz getting the start for the Red Sox, here is the home team’s lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo