Red Sox lineup: Pedro Ciriaco at third, replacing Will Middlebrooks
|05.08.13 at 3:21 pm ET|
With Will Middlebrooks still nursing injured ribs from a fifth-inning collision Tuesday night, Pedro Ciriaco gets the start for the Red Sox against the Twins. Minnesota will send left-handed pitcher Pedro Hernandez (1-0, 3.92 ERA) to the mound against Red Sox rookie Allen Webster.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup for the third of a four-game series:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
Pedro Ciriaco 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two