Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia behind plate for Jon Lester
|05.10.13 at 3:17 pm ET|
The Red Sox open a weekend series against the Blue Jays on Friday, with Jon Lester on the hill for the Sox against Toronto and veteran starter Ramon Ortiz. Though Jarrod Saltalamacchia has never faced Ortiz and David Ross is 3-for-5 with two walks and a homer against the well-traveled right-hander, it will be Saltalamacchia behind the plate. Lester and Saltalamacchia have worked well together this year, as Lester has a 3.24 ERA with opponents hitting .211/.265/.295 with 23 strikeouts and five walks in 25 innings when the two have worked as batterymates; when Lester has worked with Ross (in 3 games), the left-hander has a 3.38 ERA, with an opponents’ line of .232/.329/.406 with 17 strikeouts and 10 walks in 18 2/3 innings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando