Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia behind plate for Jon Lester
|05.10.13 at 3:17 pm ET|
The Red Sox open a weekend series against the Blue Jays on Friday, with Jon Lester on the hill for the Sox against Toronto and veteran starter Ramon Ortiz. Though Jarrod Saltalamacchia has never faced Ortiz and David Ross is 3-for-5 with two walks and a homer against the well-traveled right-hander, it will be Saltalamacchia behind the plate. Lester and Saltalamacchia have worked well together this year, as Lester has a 3.24 ERA with opponents hitting .211/.265/.295 with 23 strikeouts and five walks in 25 innings when the two have worked as batterymates; when Lester has worked with Ross (in 3 games), the left-hander has a 3.38 ERA, with an opponents’ line of .232/.329/.406 with 17 strikeouts and 10 walks in 18 2/3 innings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp