Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia behind plate for Jon Lester
|05.10.13 at 3:17 pm ET|
The Red Sox open a weekend series against the Blue Jays on Friday, with Jon Lester on the hill for the Sox against Toronto and veteran starter Ramon Ortiz. Though Jarrod Saltalamacchia has never faced Ortiz and David Ross is 3-for-5 with two walks and a homer against the well-traveled right-hander, it will be Saltalamacchia behind the plate. Lester and Saltalamacchia have worked well together this year, as Lester has a 3.24 ERA with opponents hitting .211/.265/.295 with 23 strikeouts and five walks in 25 innings when the two have worked as batterymates; when Lester has worked with Ross (in 3 games), the left-hander has a 3.38 ERA, with an opponents’ line of .232/.329/.406 with 17 strikeouts and 10 walks in 18 2/3 innings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.