Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia behind plate for Jon Lester
|05.10.13 at 3:17 pm ET|
The Red Sox open a weekend series against the Blue Jays on Friday, with Jon Lester on the hill for the Sox against Toronto and veteran starter Ramon Ortiz. Though Jarrod Saltalamacchia has never faced Ortiz and David Ross is 3-for-5 with two walks and a homer against the well-traveled right-hander, it will be Saltalamacchia behind the plate. Lester and Saltalamacchia have worked well together this year, as Lester has a 3.24 ERA with opponents hitting .211/.265/.295 with 23 strikeouts and five walks in 25 innings when the two have worked as batterymates; when Lester has worked with Ross (in 3 games), the left-hander has a 3.38 ERA, with an opponents’ line of .232/.329/.406 with 17 strikeouts and 10 walks in 18 2/3 innings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts