Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia behind plate for Jon Lester
|05.10.13 at 3:17 pm ET|
The Red Sox open a weekend series against the Blue Jays on Friday, with Jon Lester on the hill for the Sox against Toronto and veteran starter Ramon Ortiz. Though Jarrod Saltalamacchia has never faced Ortiz and David Ross is 3-for-5 with two walks and a homer against the well-traveled right-hander, it will be Saltalamacchia behind the plate. Lester and Saltalamacchia have worked well together this year, as Lester has a 3.24 ERA with opponents hitting .211/.265/.295 with 23 strikeouts and five walks in 25 innings when the two have worked as batterymates; when Lester has worked with Ross (in 3 games), the left-hander has a 3.38 ERA, with an opponents’ line of .232/.329/.406 with 17 strikeouts and 10 walks in 18 2/3 innings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0