Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino, Mike Napoli not starting against Vance Worley, Twins
|05.17.13 at 3:59 pm ET|
MINNEAPOLIS — Stephen Drew has been moved up to sixth in the Red Sox lineup Friday, with John Farrell’s team taking on right-hander Vance Worley and the Twins. It is the highest in the order Drew has hit this season, with the shortstop having hit .325 with a .936 OPS in his last 11 games.
It is the second time this season the Red Sox have faced Worley, with Shane Victorino having made the biggest impression on the 25-year-old by going 3-for-3 with a home run. Worley allowed three runs over five innings in getting a no-decision at Fenway Park. Victorino is out of the lineup after injuring his back while colliding into the right field wall Thursday night at Tropicana Field.
Mike Napoli, who was just 1-for-11 in the Sox’ recent series against the Rays, also gets the night off, with Mike Carp getting the start at first base.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup for the series opener at Target Field:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Jonny Gomes LF
Mike Carp 1B
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Coyle impress early
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two