Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury gets his first day off
|05.19.13 at 11:08 am ET|
MINNEAPOLIS — With Shane Victorino’s back well enough to play, Jacoby Ellsbury will get his first day off of the season. Victorino is in the lineup against Minneosta lefty Pedro Hernandez, playing center field and hitting leadoff, a spot he hit 31 times last season.
Not starting for the Red Sox for a second straight game is shortstop Stephen Drew, who injured his back during an eighth-inning slide Friday night. Pedro Ciriaco replaces Drew at shortstop, having notched a pair of hits Saturday night.
Here is the Red Sox lineup as they look for the sweep at Target Field:
Shane Victorino CF
Jonny Gomes LF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava RF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Jarrod Saltlamacchia C
Pedro Ciriaco SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?