Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury gets his first day off
|05.19.13 at 11:08 am ET|
MINNEAPOLIS — With Shane Victorino’s back well enough to play, Jacoby Ellsbury will get his first day off of the season. Victorino is in the lineup against Minneosta lefty Pedro Hernandez, playing center field and hitting leadoff, a spot he hit 31 times last season.
Not starting for the Red Sox for a second straight game is shortstop Stephen Drew, who injured his back during an eighth-inning slide Friday night. Pedro Ciriaco replaces Drew at shortstop, having notched a pair of hits Saturday night.
Here is the Red Sox lineup as they look for the sweep at Target Field:
Shane Victorino CF
Jonny Gomes LF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava RF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Jarrod Saltlamacchia C
Pedro Ciriaco SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort