Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury gets his first day off
|05.19.13 at 11:08 am ET|
MINNEAPOLIS — With Shane Victorino’s back well enough to play, Jacoby Ellsbury will get his first day off of the season. Victorino is in the lineup against Minneosta lefty Pedro Hernandez, playing center field and hitting leadoff, a spot he hit 31 times last season.
Not starting for the Red Sox for a second straight game is shortstop Stephen Drew, who injured his back during an eighth-inning slide Friday night. Pedro Ciriaco replaces Drew at shortstop, having notched a pair of hits Saturday night.
Here is the Red Sox lineup as they look for the sweep at Target Field:
Shane Victorino CF
Jonny Gomes LF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava RF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Jarrod Saltlamacchia C
Pedro Ciriaco SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox