David Ross cleared to participate in baseball activities
|05.20.13 at 8:45 pm ET|
‘He was cleared by the impact testing, symptoms have resolved,’ said Red Sox manager John Farrell. ‘He threw today. He rode a bike for 30 minutes, no repeat of symptoms. We’ll look to repeat the intensity of the work tomorrow so he’s turning the corner.
‘So baseball activities will start to come into play a little bit more. By the end of this road trip, what we’ve got to figure out is it better off for him to go get a game or two (in the minors) just to see some game-speed. He’s moving in the right direction.’
Ross has been on the seven-day concussion disabled list after experiencing the injury
Ryan Lavarnway has been playing in place of Ross, having caught two times (with the Red Sox going 1-1 in those starts).
‘[Ross] is throwing and hitting off the tee,’ Farrell said. ‘It’s been initiated. It’s just not full speed yet.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins