Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew returns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia catching Jon Lester
|05.20.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
Stephen Drew, after missing the last two games of the Twins series due to discomfort in his back, will return to the lineup on Monday night in Chicago against the White Sox and Dylan Axelrod. With a right-hander on the mound for Chicago, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for the Sox and working once again with left-hander Jon Lester. The pairing has been a productive one for the Sox, as Lester has a 2.41 ERA and 33-to-5 strikeout-to-walk rate with Saltalamacchia behind the plate; opponents have managed a meager offensive line of .191/.231/.270 in the six games that the duo has worked together; the Sox are 5-1 in those pairings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox
- Podcast Ep. 83: Interview Special with Michael Chavis and Nick Longhi