Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew returns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia catching Jon Lester
|05.20.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
Stephen Drew, after missing the last two games of the Twins series due to discomfort in his back, will return to the lineup on Monday night in Chicago against the White Sox and Dylan Axelrod. With a right-hander on the mound for Chicago, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for the Sox and working once again with left-hander Jon Lester. The pairing has been a productive one for the Sox, as Lester has a 2.41 ERA and 33-to-5 strikeout-to-walk rate with Saltalamacchia behind the plate; opponents have managed a meager offensive line of .191/.231/.270 in the six games that the duo has worked together; the Sox are 5-1 in those pairings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster