Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew returns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia catching Jon Lester
|05.20.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
Stephen Drew, after missing the last two games of the Twins series due to discomfort in his back, will return to the lineup on Monday night in Chicago against the White Sox and Dylan Axelrod. With a right-hander on the mound for Chicago, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for the Sox and working once again with left-hander Jon Lester. The pairing has been a productive one for the Sox, as Lester has a 2.41 ERA and 33-to-5 strikeout-to-walk rate with Saltalamacchia behind the plate; opponents have managed a meager offensive line of .191/.231/.270 in the six games that the duo has worked together; the Sox are 5-1 in those pairings.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion
- Moncada, Beeks, Taylor promoted to Portland