John Farrell offers updates on health of Shane Victorino, David Ross
|05.22.13 at 3:33 pm ET|
“Shane is not in the lineup again tonight, but he’s gaining mobility,” Farrell told WEEI. “The soreness that he felt the other night after he came out of the game continues to subside, so he’s moving in the right direction, and hopefully, he’s back in our lineup soon.
“My view is it’s always going to be a game or two, and hopefully, that will be the case. I think the thing we have to balance here, as everyone well knows, is that over the past three weeks, it’s been on-again, off-again, and we need to continue to factor that in and not look to risk anything where, again, we’re looking at a day-to-day situation. I’m not saying the DL is imminent, but the fact is that he’s better today than he was two nights ago, which is all good news.
“Stephen Drew is back playing every day. He jarred the back on that headfirst slide on the double back in Minnesota. He is doing good there,” Farrell added. “David Ross, we’re hopeful he will be in Portland tomorrow to get some at-bats and … we’ll just have to go through the normal protocol with MLB when it comes to concussions. So there’s some lengthy paperwork as you might expect to get that taken care of. But we’re hopeful that he’ll be back for us during the Cleveland series.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings