Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury remains atop order; Shane Victorino out
|05.22.13 at 4:11 pm ET|
CHICAGO ‘ Coming off a one-hit, one-walk performance Tuesday night, Jacoby Ellsbury remains atop the Red Sox‘ lineup with the Red Sox going up against lefty Hector Santiago. (Santiago is filling in for Chris Sale, who was scratched due to shoulder tendonitis.)
Shane Victorino is out of the lineup for a second straight game, still battling a hamstring issue suffered in the sixth inning Monday.
‘Shane is not in the lineup again tonight, but he’s gaining mobility,’ Farrell told WEEI Wednesday afternoon. ‘The soreness that he felt the other night after he came out of the game continues to subside, so he’s moving in the right direction, and hopefully, he’s back in our lineup soon.
‘My view is it’s always going to be a game or two, and hopefully, that will be the case. I think the thing we have to balance here, as everyone well knows, is that over the past three weeks, it’s been on-again, off-again, and we need to continue to factor that in and not look to risk anything where, again, we’re looking at a day-to-day situation. I’m not saying the DL is imminent, but the fact is that he’s better today than he was two nights ago, which is all good news.’
Here is the lineup:
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Jonny Gomes LF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava RF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo