Is Trey Ball athletic? Yes. Yes he is
|06.06.13 at 9:07 pm ET|
The Red Sox used their first-round draft pick, the No. 7 overall selection, to take a high left-handed pitcher with a high-octane fastball and outstanding athleticism — an element that the Sox love to see in their pitchers given what it means for repeating a delivery.
In the case of Ball, what does the idea of crazy athleticism mean? Behold the power of Youtube.
Frankly, it seems somewhat miraculous that Ball managed to leave behind his hoops career in the basketball hotbed of Indiana. But Ball’s high school hoops coach proved supportive of the decision.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins