Is Trey Ball athletic? Yes. Yes he is
|06.06.13 at 9:07 pm ET|
The Red Sox used their first-round draft pick, the No. 7 overall selection, to take a high left-handed pitcher with a high-octane fastball and outstanding athleticism — an element that the Sox love to see in their pitchers given what it means for repeating a delivery.
In the case of Ball, what does the idea of crazy athleticism mean? Behold the power of Youtube.
Frankly, it seems somewhat miraculous that Ball managed to leave behind his hoops career in the basketball hotbed of Indiana. But Ball’s high school hoops coach proved supportive of the decision.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Devers record multi-hit games
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101