Is Trey Ball athletic? Yes. Yes he is
|06.06.13 at 9:07 pm ET|
The Red Sox used their first-round draft pick, the No. 7 overall selection, to take a high left-handed pitcher with a high-octane fastball and outstanding athleticism — an element that the Sox love to see in their pitchers given what it means for repeating a delivery.
In the case of Ball, what does the idea of crazy athleticism mean? Behold the power of Youtube.
Frankly, it seems somewhat miraculous that Ball managed to leave behind his hoops career in the basketball hotbed of Indiana. But Ball’s high school hoops coach proved supportive of the decision.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox