Is Trey Ball athletic? Yes. Yes he is
|06.06.13 at 9:07 pm ET|
The Red Sox used their first-round draft pick, the No. 7 overall selection, to take a high left-handed pitcher with a high-octane fastball and outstanding athleticism — an element that the Sox love to see in their pitchers given what it means for repeating a delivery.
In the case of Ball, what does the idea of crazy athleticism mean? Behold the power of Youtube.
Frankly, it seems somewhat miraculous that Ball managed to leave behind his hoops career in the basketball hotbed of Indiana. But Ball’s high school hoops coach proved supportive of the decision.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016