Is Trey Ball athletic? Yes. Yes he is
|06.06.13 at 9:07 pm ET|
The Red Sox used their first-round draft pick, the No. 7 overall selection, to take a high left-handed pitcher with a high-octane fastball and outstanding athleticism — an element that the Sox love to see in their pitchers given what it means for repeating a delivery.
In the case of Ball, what does the idea of crazy athleticism mean? Behold the power of Youtube.
Frankly, it seems somewhat miraculous that Ball managed to leave behind his hoops career in the basketball hotbed of Indiana. But Ball’s high school hoops coach proved supportive of the decision.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia