Jason Collins to throw out first pitch Thursday at Fenway Park
|06.06.13 at 11:48 am ET|
Jason Collins, the former Celtics center who this spring became the first active player in major pro sports to announce that he is gay, will throw out the first pitch before Thursday’s game at Fenway Park between the Red Sox and Rangers.
Collins, who was traded from the C’s to the Wizards in February, is a free agent.
The Red Sox reached out to Collins after his Sports Illustrated article in April detailing his struggles with his decision to come out. Collins will remain in town to march in the Boston Pride Parade on Saturday alongside his former Stanford roommate, Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III.
We salute you, @jasoncollins34 for your courage and leadership. Any time you want to throw out a first pitch at Fenway Park, let us know.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje