Red Sox tab athletic outfielder Forrestt Allday in eighth round
|06.07.13 at 10:24 pm ET|
With their eighth-round selection, the Red Sox took an athletic senior outfielder out of the University of Central Arkansas, senior Forrestt Allday. Allday hit .365 with a .503 OBP (fifth best in the country), .472 slugging mark, three homers and 15 steals in 2013. In a press release, Central Arkansas coach Allen Gum raved about his player.
“I’m just so happy for Forrestt. It just shows that good things come to those that work hard,” said Gum. ‘His name fits him, no question… Allday, everyday. He got better in every phase of the game. He increased his power, increased his speed, increased his arm. It’s great to see him recognized because he’s a tremendous baseball player. We were blessed and fortunate to have him as a part of our program.”
As a college senior, Forrestt represents a player who is likely ready to accept a below-slot bonus. Perhaps he can use some of it to recoup the costs associated with the shopping trip that became necessary after the draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston