Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns, Mike Carp at first base
|06.10.13 at 4:05 pm ET|
After five games at Triple-A Pawtucket where he hit .294 with two home runs and four walks, Will Middlebrooks returns to the Red Sox lineup Monday night. Manager John Farrell had stated earlier in the week that they wanted Middlebrooks to get “some momentum going” before he returned to Boston.
Mike Carp will make his fifth start of the year at first base for the Red Sox’, as they open up a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Carp continued to swing the bat well Sunday against the Angels, going 1-for-3 and belting another home run. He has raised his average to .318 on the season, including a .364 mark in his last ten games.
John Lackey (3-5, 2.79) gets the ball for Boston. Earlier this season, the Rays roughed up Lackey for five runs on nine hits over 4.1 innings pitched. The Rays will counter with 25-year-old Alex Cobb (6-2, 2.39)
Here’s the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1b
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
For a complete look at Monday’s matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title