Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns, Mike Carp at first base
|06.10.13 at 4:05 pm ET|
After five games at Triple-A Pawtucket where he hit .294 with two home runs and four walks, Will Middlebrooks returns to the Red Sox lineup Monday night. Manager John Farrell had stated earlier in the week that they wanted Middlebrooks to get “some momentum going” before he returned to Boston.
Mike Carp will make his fifth start of the year at first base for the Red Sox’, as they open up a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Carp continued to swing the bat well Sunday against the Angels, going 1-for-3 and belting another home run. He has raised his average to .318 on the season, including a .364 mark in his last ten games.
John Lackey (3-5, 2.79) gets the ball for Boston. Earlier this season, the Rays roughed up Lackey for five runs on nine hits over 4.1 innings pitched. The Rays will counter with 25-year-old Alex Cobb (6-2, 2.39)
Here’s the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1b
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
For a complete look at Monday’s matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Playoff baseball begins for affiliates, Castillo continues ascent
- Cup of Coffee: Portland's season comes to an end
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #63: Just Sayin' Hi
- Cup of Coffee: Portland falls, forces Game Five
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox advance to International League finals
- Cup of Coffee: Cecchini and Barnes lead PawSox to 2-0 series edge
- Edwin Escobar impresses with dazzling playoff performance
- Cup of Coffee: Extra inning victories kick off playoff action