Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns, Mike Carp at first base
|06.10.13 at 4:05 pm ET|
After five games at Triple-A Pawtucket where he hit .294 with two home runs and four walks, Will Middlebrooks returns to the Red Sox lineup Monday night. Manager John Farrell had stated earlier in the week that they wanted Middlebrooks to get “some momentum going” before he returned to Boston.
Mike Carp will make his fifth start of the year at first base for the Red Sox’, as they open up a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Carp continued to swing the bat well Sunday against the Angels, going 1-for-3 and belting another home run. He has raised his average to .318 on the season, including a .364 mark in his last ten games.
John Lackey (3-5, 2.79) gets the ball for Boston. Earlier this season, the Rays roughed up Lackey for five runs on nine hits over 4.1 innings pitched. The Rays will counter with 25-year-old Alex Cobb (6-2, 2.39)
Here’s the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1b
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
For a complete look at Monday’s matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in GCL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off