Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks returns, Mike Carp at first base
|06.10.13 at 4:05 pm ET|
After five games at Triple-A Pawtucket where he hit .294 with two home runs and four walks, Will Middlebrooks returns to the Red Sox lineup Monday night. Manager John Farrell had stated earlier in the week that they wanted Middlebrooks to get “some momentum going” before he returned to Boston.
Mike Carp will make his fifth start of the year at first base for the Red Sox’, as they open up a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Carp continued to swing the bat well Sunday against the Angels, going 1-for-3 and belting another home run. He has raised his average to .318 on the season, including a .364 mark in his last ten games.
John Lackey (3-5, 2.79) gets the ball for Boston. Earlier this season, the Rays roughed up Lackey for five runs on nine hits over 4.1 innings pitched. The Rays will counter with 25-year-old Alex Cobb (6-2, 2.39)
Here’s the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1b
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
For a complete look at Monday’s matchups, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens