Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias, Shane Victorino sit; Mike Carp starts
|06.12.13 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox will turn to Alfredo Aceves (2-1, 6.57) for a spot-start to try and salvage a series win in game three of their matchup against the Rays on Wednesday night at Tropicana Field. The Rays will counter with Chris Archer (1-1, 4.91), who is making his third start of the season for the Rays.
Archer, a hard throwing right-handed pitcher, shut down the Baltimore Orioles in his last start, holding them to one run on just two hits.
Will Middlebrooks returns to the lineup tonight for the Red Sox just one night after Jose Iglesias continued to hit, going 2-for-4, raising his average to .449. Shane Victorino, whose playing time is being managed in his return from the DL, will get the night off, with Mike Carp getting a start in left field and Daniel Nava in right.
Jacoby Ellsbury has had a base hit in his first at-bat in eight of his last nine games, and will attempt to continue his strong run on Wednesday. Ellsbury has had success against Archer in his career, going 3-for-3 while driving in a pair of runs.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins shoves, Drive bats come alive
- Red Sox recall Light and Owens for Sunday night tilt
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi stands out as affiliates are swept