Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias, Shane Victorino sit; Mike Carp starts
|06.12.13 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox will turn to Alfredo Aceves (2-1, 6.57) for a spot-start to try and salvage a series win in game three of their matchup against the Rays on Wednesday night at Tropicana Field. The Rays will counter with Chris Archer (1-1, 4.91), who is making his third start of the season for the Rays.
Archer, a hard throwing right-handed pitcher, shut down the Baltimore Orioles in his last start, holding them to one run on just two hits.
Will Middlebrooks returns to the lineup tonight for the Red Sox just one night after Jose Iglesias continued to hit, going 2-for-4, raising his average to .449. Shane Victorino, whose playing time is being managed in his return from the DL, will get the night off, with Mike Carp getting a start in left field and Daniel Nava in right.
Jacoby Ellsbury has had a base hit in his first at-bat in eight of his last nine games, and will attempt to continue his strong run on Wednesday. Ellsbury has had success against Archer in his career, going 3-for-3 while driving in a pair of runs.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada