Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias, Shane Victorino sit; Mike Carp starts
|06.12.13 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox will turn to Alfredo Aceves (2-1, 6.57) for a spot-start to try and salvage a series win in game three of their matchup against the Rays on Wednesday night at Tropicana Field. The Rays will counter with Chris Archer (1-1, 4.91), who is making his third start of the season for the Rays.
Archer, a hard throwing right-handed pitcher, shut down the Baltimore Orioles in his last start, holding them to one run on just two hits.
Will Middlebrooks returns to the lineup tonight for the Red Sox just one night after Jose Iglesias continued to hit, going 2-for-4, raising his average to .449. Shane Victorino, whose playing time is being managed in his return from the DL, will get the night off, with Mike Carp getting a start in left field and Daniel Nava in right.
Jacoby Ellsbury has had a base hit in his first at-bat in eight of his last nine games, and will attempt to continue his strong run on Wednesday. Ellsbury has had success against Archer in his career, going 3-for-3 while driving in a pair of runs.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje