Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias, Shane Victorino sit; Mike Carp starts
|06.12.13 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox will turn to Alfredo Aceves (2-1, 6.57) for a spot-start to try and salvage a series win in game three of their matchup against the Rays on Wednesday night at Tropicana Field. The Rays will counter with Chris Archer (1-1, 4.91), who is making his third start of the season for the Rays.
Archer, a hard throwing right-handed pitcher, shut down the Baltimore Orioles in his last start, holding them to one run on just two hits.
Will Middlebrooks returns to the lineup tonight for the Red Sox just one night after Jose Iglesias continued to hit, going 2-for-4, raising his average to .449. Shane Victorino, whose playing time is being managed in his return from the DL, will get the night off, with Mike Carp getting a start in left field and Daniel Nava in right.
Jacoby Ellsbury has had a base hit in his first at-bat in eight of his last nine games, and will attempt to continue his strong run on Wednesday. Ellsbury has had success against Archer in his career, going 3-for-3 while driving in a pair of runs.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Daniel Nava RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Alfredo Aceves SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Hassan stays hot; Victorino looks strong in rehab
- Cup of Coffee: Heller and Martinez lead Salem; Travis powers Lowell
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson powers Greenville past Rome
- Cup of Coffee: Moore homers twice to power Spinners
- Weekly Notes: Boston turns to Vazquez, Owens' star shines bright
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero leads PawSox, Spinners fall at Fenway
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson keeps rolling, Blair hits game-winner
- Scouting Scratch: Allen Webster and Dalier Hinojosa