Mike Napoli leaves Red Sox-Orioles game due to illness
|06.13.13 at 8:32 pm ET|
Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli exited Thursday’s Red Sox-Orioles game prior to the bottom of the third inning. The team announced that his removal was due to illness. Napoli, who was 1-for-1 with a double, was replaced at first base by Mike Carp, who homered in his first plate appearance on Thursday.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Heller, bullpens highlight day for system
- Cup of Coffee: Aybar, Espinoza lead the GCL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Another two-homer game for Bradley as PawSox fall