Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks at third base, Felix Doubront looking for first career win against Orioles
|06.13.13 at 4:20 pm ET|
Will Middlebrooks remains in the lineup at third base on Thursday night as the Sox open up at four game series against the Orioles at Camden Yards. Middlebrooks was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts and a walk in Wednesday nights win against the Tampa Bay Rays. With both Middlebrooks and Stephen Drew in the lineup, Jose Iglesias is on the bench to start the game.
Meanwhile, after he sat out of the series finale in Tampa Bay, Shane Victorino returns to the Sox lineup in his customary second spot in the lineup while playing right field.
Felix Doubront (4-3, 4.84) takes the ball for the Sox in the series opener. Doubront may have his hands full with Orioles slugger Chris Davis, who is 5-for-10 with a homer against the left-hander. Doubront has faced the Orioles three times over his career, going 0-2 with a ERA for 3.13. The Orioles will counter with rookie Kevin Gausman (0-3, 8.84), who made his major league debut May 23, 2013.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Miller homer lifts Portland following Rodriguez gem
- Barnes continues resurgence behind explosive fastball, strong curve
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing