Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks at third base, Felix Doubront looking for first career win against Orioles
|06.13.13 at 4:20 pm ET|
Will Middlebrooks remains in the lineup at third base on Thursday night as the Sox open up at four game series against the Orioles at Camden Yards. Middlebrooks was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts and a walk in Wednesday nights win against the Tampa Bay Rays. With both Middlebrooks and Stephen Drew in the lineup, Jose Iglesias is on the bench to start the game.
Meanwhile, after he sat out of the series finale in Tampa Bay, Shane Victorino returns to the Sox lineup in his customary second spot in the lineup while playing right field.
Felix Doubront (4-3, 4.84) takes the ball for the Sox in the series opener. Doubront may have his hands full with Orioles slugger Chris Davis, who is 5-for-10 with a homer against the left-hander. Doubront has faced the Orioles three times over his career, going 0-2 with a ERA for 3.13. The Orioles will counter with rookie Kevin Gausman (0-3, 8.84), who made his major league debut May 23, 2013.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville