Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks at third base, Felix Doubront looking for first career win against Orioles
|06.13.13 at 4:20 pm ET|
Will Middlebrooks remains in the lineup at third base on Thursday night as the Sox open up at four game series against the Orioles at Camden Yards. Middlebrooks was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts and a walk in Wednesday nights win against the Tampa Bay Rays. With both Middlebrooks and Stephen Drew in the lineup, Jose Iglesias is on the bench to start the game.
Meanwhile, after he sat out of the series finale in Tampa Bay, Shane Victorino returns to the Sox lineup in his customary second spot in the lineup while playing right field.
Felix Doubront (4-3, 4.84) takes the ball for the Sox in the series opener. Doubront may have his hands full with Orioles slugger Chris Davis, who is 5-for-10 with a homer against the left-hander. Doubront has faced the Orioles three times over his career, going 0-2 with a ERA for 3.13. The Orioles will counter with rookie Kevin Gausman (0-3, 8.84), who made his major league debut May 23, 2013.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?