Red Sox Lineup: Will Middlebrooks at third base, Felix Doubront looking for first career win against Orioles
|06.13.13 at 4:20 pm ET|
Will Middlebrooks remains in the lineup at third base on Thursday night as the Sox open up at four game series against the Orioles at Camden Yards. Middlebrooks was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts and a walk in Wednesday nights win against the Tampa Bay Rays. With both Middlebrooks and Stephen Drew in the lineup, Jose Iglesias is on the bench to start the game.
Meanwhile, after he sat out of the series finale in Tampa Bay, Shane Victorino returns to the Sox lineup in his customary second spot in the lineup while playing right field.
Felix Doubront (4-3, 4.84) takes the ball for the Sox in the series opener. Doubront may have his hands full with Orioles slugger Chris Davis, who is 5-for-10 with a homer against the left-hander. Doubront has faced the Orioles three times over his career, going 0-2 with a ERA for 3.13. The Orioles will counter with rookie Kevin Gausman (0-3, 8.84), who made his major league debut May 23, 2013.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez gets into a groove, Basabe impresses
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Dayan Diaz and Edwin Escobar (UPDATED)
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen