Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias at shortstop, Stephen Drew gets day off
|06.14.13 at 5:57 pm ET|
After losing on a walk off-bloop single Thursday night, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards for Game 2 of the series Friday night.
Shortstop Stephen Drew gets the day off, as Jose Iglesias will play short and bat seventh for the Red Sox. David Ross will be behind the plate tonight, while Jarrod Saltalamacchia sits after catching yet another extra-innings game.
Ryan Dempster (4-6, 4.40) will take the ball for the Red Sox. Dempster is coming off a win against the Angels in his last outing, where he was strong giving up three runs over six frames. Chris Tillman (6-2, 3.89) will toe the rubber for the Orioles. Tillman comes into Friday night’s game with a career 2.97 ERA against the Sox.
Here is the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
David Ross C
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech dominates again, Dalbec blasts a pair
- Cup of Coffee: Tavarez leads Portland to doubleheader split