Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias at shortstop, Stephen Drew gets day off
|06.14.13 at 5:57 pm ET|
After losing on a walk off-bloop single Thursday night, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards for Game 2 of the series Friday night.
Shortstop Stephen Drew gets the day off, as Jose Iglesias will play short and bat seventh for the Red Sox. David Ross will be behind the plate tonight, while Jarrod Saltalamacchia sits after catching yet another extra-innings game.
Ryan Dempster (4-6, 4.40) will take the ball for the Red Sox. Dempster is coming off a win against the Angels in his last outing, where he was strong giving up three runs over six frames. Chris Tillman (6-2, 3.89) will toe the rubber for the Orioles. Tillman comes into Friday night’s game with a career 2.97 ERA against the Sox.
Here is the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
David Ross C
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Portland mashes, Johnson headlines strong night of pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers