Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias at shortstop, Stephen Drew gets day off
|06.14.13 at 5:57 pm ET|
After losing on a walk off-bloop single Thursday night, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards for Game 2 of the series Friday night.
Shortstop Stephen Drew gets the day off, as Jose Iglesias will play short and bat seventh for the Red Sox. David Ross will be behind the plate tonight, while Jarrod Saltalamacchia sits after catching yet another extra-innings game.
Ryan Dempster (4-6, 4.40) will take the ball for the Red Sox. Dempster is coming off a win against the Angels in his last outing, where he was strong giving up three runs over six frames. Chris Tillman (6-2, 3.89) will toe the rubber for the Orioles. Tillman comes into Friday night’s game with a career 2.97 ERA against the Sox.
Here is the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
David Ross C
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption
- Support SoxProspects in 2017