Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias at shortstop, Stephen Drew gets day off
|06.14.13 at 5:57 pm ET|
After losing on a walk off-bloop single Thursday night, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards for Game 2 of the series Friday night.
Shortstop Stephen Drew gets the day off, as Jose Iglesias will play short and bat seventh for the Red Sox. David Ross will be behind the plate tonight, while Jarrod Saltalamacchia sits after catching yet another extra-innings game.
Ryan Dempster (4-6, 4.40) will take the ball for the Red Sox. Dempster is coming off a win against the Angels in his last outing, where he was strong giving up three runs over six frames. Chris Tillman (6-2, 3.89) will toe the rubber for the Orioles. Tillman comes into Friday night’s game with a career 2.97 ERA against the Sox.
Here is the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
David Ross C
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title