Red Sox Lineup: Jose Iglesias at shortstop, Stephen Drew gets day off
|06.14.13 at 5:57 pm ET|
After losing on a walk off-bloop single Thursday night, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards for Game 2 of the series Friday night.
Shortstop Stephen Drew gets the day off, as Jose Iglesias will play short and bat seventh for the Red Sox. David Ross will be behind the plate tonight, while Jarrod Saltalamacchia sits after catching yet another extra-innings game.
Ryan Dempster (4-6, 4.40) will take the ball for the Red Sox. Dempster is coming off a win against the Angels in his last outing, where he was strong giving up three runs over six frames. Chris Tillman (6-2, 3.89) will toe the rubber for the Orioles. Tillman comes into Friday night’s game with a career 2.97 ERA against the Sox.
Here is the Sox’ lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
David Ross C
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville