Alfredo Aceves to start Game 1, Felix Doubront in night game
|06.17.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that right-hander Alfredo Aceves will make the start in Game 1 of Tuesday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rays, with left-hander Felix Doubront getting the ball in Game 2. Aceves, who will be summoned from Triple-A Pawtucket, is 3-1 with a 4.97 ERA, 16 strikeouts and 17 walks in five starts spanning 25 1/3 innings. He’s been sharp in each of his last two outings in the big leagues, with identical yields of one run in six innings on May 27 and then, after a spell in Triple-A Pawtucket, June 12.
Doubront, meanwhile, is 4-3 with a 4.91 ERA. He allowed two runs in five innings while striking out seven and walking sixth in his only outing of the year against Tampa Bay.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes