Alfredo Aceves to start Game 1, Felix Doubront in night game
|06.17.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that right-hander Alfredo Aceves will make the start in Game 1 of Tuesday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rays, with left-hander Felix Doubront getting the ball in Game 2. Aceves, who will be summoned from Triple-A Pawtucket, is 3-1 with a 4.97 ERA, 16 strikeouts and 17 walks in five starts spanning 25 1/3 innings. He’s been sharp in each of his last two outings in the big leagues, with identical yields of one run in six innings on May 27 and then, after a spell in Triple-A Pawtucket, June 12.
Doubront, meanwhile, is 4-3 with a 4.91 ERA. He allowed two runs in five innings while striking out seven and walking sixth in his only outing of the year against Tampa Bay.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven