Alfredo Aceves to start Game 1, Felix Doubront in night game
|06.17.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that right-hander Alfredo Aceves will make the start in Game 1 of Tuesday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rays, with left-hander Felix Doubront getting the ball in Game 2. Aceves, who will be summoned from Triple-A Pawtucket, is 3-1 with a 4.97 ERA, 16 strikeouts and 17 walks in five starts spanning 25 1/3 innings. He’s been sharp in each of his last two outings in the big leagues, with identical yields of one run in six innings on May 27 and then, after a spell in Triple-A Pawtucket, June 12.
Doubront, meanwhile, is 4-3 with a 4.91 ERA. He allowed two runs in five innings while striking out seven and walking sixth in his only outing of the year against Tampa Bay.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists