Alfredo Aceves to start Game 1, Felix Doubront in night game
|06.17.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that right-hander Alfredo Aceves will make the start in Game 1 of Tuesday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rays, with left-hander Felix Doubront getting the ball in Game 2. Aceves, who will be summoned from Triple-A Pawtucket, is 3-1 with a 4.97 ERA, 16 strikeouts and 17 walks in five starts spanning 25 1/3 innings. He’s been sharp in each of his last two outings in the big leagues, with identical yields of one run in six innings on May 27 and then, after a spell in Triple-A Pawtucket, June 12.
Doubront, meanwhile, is 4-3 with a 4.91 ERA. He allowed two runs in five innings while striking out seven and walking sixth in his only outing of the year against Tampa Bay.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston