Red Sox Lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jose Iglesias and Jonny Gomes remain in lineup
|06.19.13 at 5:50 pm ET|
After belting a two run-walk off home run in the ninth on Tuesday, Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field as the Red Sox look to sweep the series from the rival Rays.
Jose Iglesias, who went 1-for-3 in game two of Tuesday’s double header, remains in the lineup and enters the series finale with a .435 batting average on the year.
Ryan Dempster (4-7, 4.21) gets the ball for the Red Sox, while Jeremy Hellickson (4-3, 5.67) will try and salvage a win for the Rays.
David Ortiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (who is catching his third game in two days) have both had success against Hellickson over their careers, slugging two home runs a piece and hitting over .300, with Ortiz posting a career .368 batting average.
Here is the Sox lineup:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jose Iglesias 3B
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot