Red Sox Lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jose Iglesias and Jonny Gomes remain in lineup
|06.19.13 at 5:50 pm ET|
After belting a two run-walk off home run in the ninth on Tuesday, Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field as the Red Sox look to sweep the series from the rival Rays.
Jose Iglesias, who went 1-for-3 in game two of Tuesday’s double header, remains in the lineup and enters the series finale with a .435 batting average on the year.
Ryan Dempster (4-7, 4.21) gets the ball for the Red Sox, while Jeremy Hellickson (4-3, 5.67) will try and salvage a win for the Rays.
David Ortiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (who is catching his third game in two days) have both had success against Hellickson over their careers, slugging two home runs a piece and hitting over .300, with Ortiz posting a career .368 batting average.
Here is the Sox lineup:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jose Iglesias 3B
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando