Red Sox Lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jose Iglesias and Jonny Gomes remain in lineup
|06.19.13 at 5:50 pm ET|
After belting a two run-walk off home run in the ninth on Tuesday, Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field as the Red Sox look to sweep the series from the rival Rays.
Jose Iglesias, who went 1-for-3 in game two of Tuesday’s double header, remains in the lineup and enters the series finale with a .435 batting average on the year.
Ryan Dempster (4-7, 4.21) gets the ball for the Red Sox, while Jeremy Hellickson (4-3, 5.67) will try and salvage a win for the Rays.
David Ortiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (who is catching his third game in two days) have both had success against Hellickson over their careers, slugging two home runs a piece and hitting over .300, with Ortiz posting a career .368 batting average.
Here is the Sox lineup:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jose Iglesias 3B
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins, Anderson deal, Swihart homers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise