Red Sox Lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jose Iglesias and Jonny Gomes remain in lineup
|06.19.13 at 5:50 pm ET|
After belting a two run-walk off home run in the ninth on Tuesday, Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field as the Red Sox look to sweep the series from the rival Rays.
Jose Iglesias, who went 1-for-3 in game two of Tuesday’s double header, remains in the lineup and enters the series finale with a .435 batting average on the year.
Ryan Dempster (4-7, 4.21) gets the ball for the Red Sox, while Jeremy Hellickson (4-3, 5.67) will try and salvage a win for the Rays.
David Ortiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (who is catching his third game in two days) have both had success against Hellickson over their careers, slugging two home runs a piece and hitting over .300, with Ortiz posting a career .368 batting average.
Here is the Sox lineup:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jose Iglesias 3B
Ryan Dempster P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles