Red Sox option Alfredo Aceves back to Triple-A Pawtucket
|06.19.13 at 12:09 am ET|
After the Red Sox concluded their double header sweep over the Rays, the team announced that it was returning pitcher Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A Pawtucket. Aceves delivered a strong performance in Game 1, permitting one run in five innings before a three-hour rain delay ended his night. Still, he’d been brought up as the 26th roster member for the doubleheader, and so after he served the need for which he was summoned, Aceves was dispatched. Still, his performance underscores the fact that the right-hander continues to represent a strong depth option for a Sox staff that has repeatedly found itself plugging holes in the early going.
Aceves is 4-1 with a 5.05 ERA this year, but he’s given up just one run in each of his last three starts, with a 1.59 ERA in that span.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes