Red Sox option Alfredo Aceves back to Triple-A Pawtucket
|06.19.13 at 12:09 am ET|
After the Red Sox concluded their double header sweep over the Rays, the team announced that it was returning pitcher Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A Pawtucket. Aceves delivered a strong performance in Game 1, permitting one run in five innings before a three-hour rain delay ended his night. Still, he’d been brought up as the 26th roster member for the doubleheader, and so after he served the need for which he was summoned, Aceves was dispatched. Still, his performance underscores the fact that the right-hander continues to represent a strong depth option for a Sox staff that has repeatedly found itself plugging holes in the early going.
Aceves is 4-1 with a 5.05 ERA this year, but he’s given up just one run in each of his last three starts, with a 1.59 ERA in that span.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut