Red Sox option Alfredo Aceves back to Triple-A Pawtucket
|06.19.13 at 12:09 am ET|
After the Red Sox concluded their double header sweep over the Rays, the team announced that it was returning pitcher Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A Pawtucket. Aceves delivered a strong performance in Game 1, permitting one run in five innings before a three-hour rain delay ended his night. Still, he’d been brought up as the 26th roster member for the doubleheader, and so after he served the need for which he was summoned, Aceves was dispatched. Still, his performance underscores the fact that the right-hander continues to represent a strong depth option for a Sox staff that has repeatedly found itself plugging holes in the early going.
Aceves is 4-1 with a 5.05 ERA this year, but he’s given up just one run in each of his last three starts, with a 1.59 ERA in that span.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens