Clayton Mortensen starts rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket
|06.20.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Clayton Mortensen, on the 15-day DL since June 11 with what the team described as a right groin strain, joined Triple-A Pawtucket on Thursday in Columbus to start a rehab assignment. Mortensen, 28, is 1-2 with a 5.34 ERA, 21 strikeouts and 16 walks in 30 1/3 innings for the Red Sox this year. He’s eligible for activation during the next Red Sox homestand next week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.