Clayton Mortensen starts rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket
|06.20.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Clayton Mortensen, on the 15-day DL since June 11 with what the team described as a right groin strain, joined Triple-A Pawtucket on Thursday in Columbus to start a rehab assignment. Mortensen, 28, is 1-2 with a 5.34 ERA, 21 strikeouts and 16 walks in 30 1/3 innings for the Red Sox this year. He’s eligible for activation during the next Red Sox homestand next week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster