Clayton Mortensen starts rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket
|06.20.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Clayton Mortensen, on the 15-day DL since June 11 with what the team described as a right groin strain, joined Triple-A Pawtucket on Thursday in Columbus to start a rehab assignment. Mortensen, 28, is 1-2 with a 5.34 ERA, 21 strikeouts and 16 walks in 30 1/3 innings for the Red Sox this year. He’s eligible for activation during the next Red Sox homestand next week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox