It’s official: Garin Cecchini is being promoted to Double-A
|06.20.13 at 10:53 am ET|
The 22-year-old is hitting .350 with the second best OBP (.469) in all of minor league baseball. He has a .547 slugging mark on the strength of 28 extra-base hits, and he’s walking with much greater frequency (43 times) than he’s striking out (34). He’s been as impressive, as consistent a hitter as there’s been in the Red Sox minor league system, and so it’s time for him to move up to another level, just as was the case for Jackie Bradley Jr. when the outfielder enjoyed similar offensive dominance to Cecchini in 2012 at Salem.
Cecchini will join the Sea Dogs on their current roadtrip, meeting the team for its weekend series in Trenton; he’s slated to make his home debut in Portland on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot