It’s official: Garin Cecchini is being promoted to Double-A
|06.20.13 at 10:53 am ET|
The 22-year-old is hitting .350 with the second best OBP (.469) in all of minor league baseball. He has a .547 slugging mark on the strength of 28 extra-base hits, and he’s walking with much greater frequency (43 times) than he’s striking out (34). He’s been as impressive, as consistent a hitter as there’s been in the Red Sox minor league system, and so it’s time for him to move up to another level, just as was the case for Jackie Bradley Jr. when the outfielder enjoyed similar offensive dominance to Cecchini in 2012 at Salem.
Cecchini will join the Sea Dogs on their current roadtrip, meeting the team for its weekend series in Trenton; he’s slated to make his home debut in Portland on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome