It’s official: Garin Cecchini is being promoted to Double-A
|06.20.13 at 10:53 am ET|
The 22-year-old is hitting .350 with the second best OBP (.469) in all of minor league baseball. He has a .547 slugging mark on the strength of 28 extra-base hits, and he’s walking with much greater frequency (43 times) than he’s striking out (34). He’s been as impressive, as consistent a hitter as there’s been in the Red Sox minor league system, and so it’s time for him to move up to another level, just as was the case for Jackie Bradley Jr. when the outfielder enjoyed similar offensive dominance to Cecchini in 2012 at Salem.
Cecchini will join the Sea Dogs on their current roadtrip, meeting the team for its weekend series in Trenton; he’s slated to make his home debut in Portland on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash