It’s official: Garin Cecchini is being promoted to Double-A
|06.20.13 at 10:53 am ET|
The 22-year-old is hitting .350 with the second best OBP (.469) in all of minor league baseball. He has a .547 slugging mark on the strength of 28 extra-base hits, and he’s walking with much greater frequency (43 times) than he’s striking out (34). He’s been as impressive, as consistent a hitter as there’s been in the Red Sox minor league system, and so it’s time for him to move up to another level, just as was the case for Jackie Bradley Jr. when the outfielder enjoyed similar offensive dominance to Cecchini in 2012 at Salem.
Cecchini will join the Sea Dogs on their current roadtrip, meeting the team for its weekend series in Trenton; he’s slated to make his home debut in Portland on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?