Red Sox recall Allen Webster, option Pedro Beato to Triple-A
|06.22.13 at 3:58 pm ET|
As planned, the Red Sox recalled right-hander Allen Webster from Triple-A Pawtucket to make the start against the Tigers on Saturday night. Webster (0-1, 11.74) will be making his third big league start this year. In Triple-A Pawtucket, he is 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA, 22 walks and 56 strikeouts while opponents are hitting .166 against him.
Beato logged two shutout innings in two games for the Sox, giving up two hits and two strikeouts over the last six days. With Pawtucket, he’s 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando