Red Sox recall Allen Webster, option Pedro Beato to Triple-A
|06.22.13 at 3:58 pm ET|
As planned, the Red Sox recalled right-hander Allen Webster from Triple-A Pawtucket to make the start against the Tigers on Saturday night. Webster (0-1, 11.74) will be making his third big league start this year. In Triple-A Pawtucket, he is 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA, 22 walks and 56 strikeouts while opponents are hitting .166 against him.
Beato logged two shutout innings in two games for the Sox, giving up two hits and two strikeouts over the last six days. With Pawtucket, he’s 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas