Red Sox recall Allen Webster, option Pedro Beato to Triple-A
|06.22.13 at 3:58 pm ET|
As planned, the Red Sox recalled right-hander Allen Webster from Triple-A Pawtucket to make the start against the Tigers on Saturday night. Webster (0-1, 11.74) will be making his third big league start this year. In Triple-A Pawtucket, he is 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA, 22 walks and 56 strikeouts while opponents are hitting .166 against him.
Beato logged two shutout innings in two games for the Sox, giving up two hits and two strikeouts over the last six days. With Pawtucket, he’s 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Let the games begin
- Cup of Coffee: Eduardo Rodriguez picks up where he left off