Red Sox recall Allen Webster, option Pedro Beato to Triple-A
|06.22.13 at 3:58 pm ET|
As planned, the Red Sox recalled right-hander Allen Webster from Triple-A Pawtucket to make the start against the Tigers on Saturday night. Webster (0-1, 11.74) will be making his third big league start this year. In Triple-A Pawtucket, he is 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA, 22 walks and 56 strikeouts while opponents are hitting .166 against him.
Beato logged two shutout innings in two games for the Sox, giving up two hits and two strikeouts over the last six days. With Pawtucket, he’s 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback