Red Sox recall Allen Webster, option Pedro Beato to Triple-A
|06.22.13 at 3:58 pm ET|
As planned, the Red Sox recalled right-hander Allen Webster from Triple-A Pawtucket to make the start against the Tigers on Saturday night. Webster (0-1, 11.74) will be making his third big league start this year. In Triple-A Pawtucket, he is 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA, 22 walks and 56 strikeouts while opponents are hitting .166 against him.
Beato logged two shutout innings in two games for the Sox, giving up two hits and two strikeouts over the last six days. With Pawtucket, he’s 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson hits for the cycle, Owens has impressive start