Franklin Morales may land back on disabled list
|06.23.13 at 8:19 am ET|
When John Farrell went to the mound to lift Franklin Morales with two outs in the seventh inning, he was accompanied by a team trainer. At the conclusion of a 2 1/3 inning, four-run yield, Morales experienced a renewal of the discomfort in his left pectoral muscle that delayed his return from the disabled list (a trip initially for a lower back strain) at the start of the year. With Morales once again feeling a similar discomfort, Farrell acknowledged that the southpaw (whose ERA is now 7.30) could be headed back to the disabled list.
“He felt a little discomfort in that left shoulder. We had to get him at the time,” Farrell told reporters. “He’ll be reexamined here when he comes in [Sunday]. Potential for a DL.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando