Franklin Morales may land back on disabled list
|06.23.13 at 8:19 am ET|
When John Farrell went to the mound to lift Franklin Morales with two outs in the seventh inning, he was accompanied by a team trainer. At the conclusion of a 2 1/3 inning, four-run yield, Morales experienced a renewal of the discomfort in his left pectoral muscle that delayed his return from the disabled list (a trip initially for a lower back strain) at the start of the year. With Morales once again feeling a similar discomfort, Farrell acknowledged that the southpaw (whose ERA is now 7.30) could be headed back to the disabled list.
“He felt a little discomfort in that left shoulder. We had to get him at the time,” Farrell told reporters. “He’ll be reexamined here when he comes in [Sunday]. Potential for a DL.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division