Franklin Morales may land back on disabled list
|06.23.13 at 8:19 am ET|
When John Farrell went to the mound to lift Franklin Morales with two outs in the seventh inning, he was accompanied by a team trainer. At the conclusion of a 2 1/3 inning, four-run yield, Morales experienced a renewal of the discomfort in his left pectoral muscle that delayed his return from the disabled list (a trip initially for a lower back strain) at the start of the year. With Morales once again feeling a similar discomfort, Farrell acknowledged that the southpaw (whose ERA is now 7.30) could be headed back to the disabled list.
“He felt a little discomfort in that left shoulder. We had to get him at the time,” Farrell told reporters. “He’ll be reexamined here when he comes in [Sunday]. Potential for a DL.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller