Franklin Morales may land back on disabled list
|06.23.13 at 8:19 am ET|
When John Farrell went to the mound to lift Franklin Morales with two outs in the seventh inning, he was accompanied by a team trainer. At the conclusion of a 2 1/3 inning, four-run yield, Morales experienced a renewal of the discomfort in his left pectoral muscle that delayed his return from the disabled list (a trip initially for a lower back strain) at the start of the year. With Morales once again feeling a similar discomfort, Farrell acknowledged that the southpaw (whose ERA is now 7.30) could be headed back to the disabled list.
“He felt a little discomfort in that left shoulder. We had to get him at the time,” Farrell told reporters. “He’ll be reexamined here when he comes in [Sunday]. Potential for a DL.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday