Shane Victorino suffers another back injury
|06.23.13 at 11:17 pm ET|
Shane Victorino left Sunday’s game for pinch-hitter Daniel Nava in the top of the eighth inning after he experienced back stiffness after running into a while while catching a foul ball in right off the bat of Torii Hunter in the bottom of the fourth. He grounded out softly to short in a subsequent plate appearance before getting lifted.
Manager John Farrell told reporters that Victorino, who missed eight games in late-April due to an injured lower back and endured a 17-game stretch on the DL for an array of core injuries, was suffering from “general soreness, general tightness. He caught the ball and ran into the wall. That’s why he couldn’t swing the bat in his final at-bat.”
Farrell said that Victorino will be examined on Monday. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade