Red Sox to place Franklin Morales on the DL
|06.24.13 at 10:56 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox will place left-hander Franklin Morales on the DL due to the recurrence of discomfort in his pectoral muscle that he experienced while pitching in relief on Saturday. In six appearances (one start, five relief appearances), Morales is 2-0 with a 7.30 ERA, 11 strikeouts and nine walks.
Meanwhile, according to the source, there was no update on Shane Victorino, who left Sunday’s game to another episode of lower back stiffness. Victorino spent 17 games on the DL from May 21 through June 8 and missed an additional seven games from April 25-May 2 due to an assortment of related core injuries. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance