Red Sox to place Franklin Morales on the DL
|06.24.13 at 10:56 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox will place left-hander Franklin Morales on the DL due to the recurrence of discomfort in his pectoral muscle that he experienced while pitching in relief on Saturday. In six appearances (one start, five relief appearances), Morales is 2-0 with a 7.30 ERA, 11 strikeouts and nine walks.
Meanwhile, according to the source, there was no update on Shane Victorino, who left Sunday’s game to another episode of lower back stiffness. Victorino spent 17 games on the DL from May 21 through June 8 and missed an additional seven games from April 25-May 2 due to an assortment of related core injuries. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket's offense explodes, Portland swept
- Cup of Coffee: Knuckleballer Wright cruises in Pawtucket, Portland drops two
- Red Sox call up Christian Vazquez
- Scouting Scratch: Early reports from Lowell
- Players of the Week, 6/30-7/6: Trey Ball & Rafael Devers
- Cup of Coffee: Devers leads the way in GCL doubleheader split
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Five Sea Dogs make Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes and Johnson struggle, Margot keeps improving
- Weekly Notes: Sox open wallet for international talent, Coyle and Vasquez named to Future Game