Red Sox to place Franklin Morales on the DL
|06.24.13 at 10:56 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox will place left-hander Franklin Morales on the DL due to the recurrence of discomfort in his pectoral muscle that he experienced while pitching in relief on Saturday. In six appearances (one start, five relief appearances), Morales is 2-0 with a 7.30 ERA, 11 strikeouts and nine walks.
Meanwhile, according to the source, there was no update on Shane Victorino, who left Sunday’s game to another episode of lower back stiffness. Victorino spent 17 games on the DL from May 21 through June 8 and missed an additional seven games from April 25-May 2 due to an assortment of related core injuries. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Portland falls, forces Game Five
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox advance to International League finals
- Cup of Coffee: Cecchini and Barnes lead PawSox to 2-0 series edge
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Edwin Escobar impresses with dazzling playoff performance
- Cup of Coffee: Extra inning victories kick off playoff action
- The Write-Up: Brandon Workman
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop two in Championship Series
- August Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Brian Johnson
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship