Red Sox to place Franklin Morales on the DL
|06.24.13 at 10:56 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox will place left-hander Franklin Morales on the DL due to the recurrence of discomfort in his pectoral muscle that he experienced while pitching in relief on Saturday. In six appearances (one start, five relief appearances), Morales is 2-0 with a 7.30 ERA, 11 strikeouts and nine walks.
Meanwhile, according to the source, there was no update on Shane Victorino, who left Sunday’s game to another episode of lower back stiffness. Victorino spent 17 games on the DL from May 21 through June 8 and missed an additional seven games from April 25-May 2 due to an assortment of related core injuries. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster