Red Sox to place Franklin Morales on the DL
|06.24.13 at 10:56 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox will place left-hander Franklin Morales on the DL due to the recurrence of discomfort in his pectoral muscle that he experienced while pitching in relief on Saturday. In six appearances (one start, five relief appearances), Morales is 2-0 with a 7.30 ERA, 11 strikeouts and nine walks.
Meanwhile, according to the source, there was no update on Shane Victorino, who left Sunday’s game to another episode of lower back stiffness. Victorino spent 17 games on the DL from May 21 through June 8 and missed an additional seven games from April 25-May 2 due to an assortment of related core injuries. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg