Red Sox to place Franklin Morales on the DL
|06.24.13 at 10:56 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox will place left-hander Franklin Morales on the DL due to the recurrence of discomfort in his pectoral muscle that he experienced while pitching in relief on Saturday. In six appearances (one start, five relief appearances), Morales is 2-0 with a 7.30 ERA, 11 strikeouts and nine walks.
Meanwhile, according to the source, there was no update on Shane Victorino, who left Sunday’s game to another episode of lower back stiffness. Victorino spent 17 games on the DL from May 21 through June 8 and missed an additional seven games from April 25-May 2 due to an assortment of related core injuries. The 32-year-old is hitting .285/.342/.380.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens