Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli gets day off, Mike Carp returns at first base
|06.27.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
A dark sky has rolled in as the Red Sox get set for game one of their series against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays, winners of 12 of their last 14, come into Fenway Park one game over the .500 mark but in last place in the competitive AL East.
Mike Napoli gets the game off as Mike Carp returns to the lineup for the first time since June 22 for the Sox. Southpaw Jon Lester (7-4, 4.57) gets the ball for the Sox in game one. Lester is 13-7 all-time against the Jays and owns a 3.61 ERA.
The Jays will turn to Chien-Ming Wang (1-0, 2.18) continue their rise through the division. Wang has not allowed a run in his past two appearances this season.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players