Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli gets day off, Mike Carp returns at first base
|06.27.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
A dark sky has rolled in as the Red Sox get set for game one of their series against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays, winners of 12 of their last 14, come into Fenway Park one game over the .500 mark but in last place in the competitive AL East.
Mike Napoli gets the game off as Mike Carp returns to the lineup for the first time since June 22 for the Sox. Southpaw Jon Lester (7-4, 4.57) gets the ball for the Sox in game one. Lester is 13-7 all-time against the Jays and owns a 3.61 ERA.
The Jays will turn to Chien-Ming Wang (1-0, 2.18) continue their rise through the division. Wang has not allowed a run in his past two appearances this season.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and LaMarre lead the way for PawSox
- Weekly Notes: Moncada, Devers, Tavarez nab postseason awards
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Downs homers
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues