Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli gets day off, Mike Carp returns at first base
|06.27.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
A dark sky has rolled in as the Red Sox get set for game one of their series against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays, winners of 12 of their last 14, come into Fenway Park one game over the .500 mark but in last place in the competitive AL East.
Mike Napoli gets the game off as Mike Carp returns to the lineup for the first time since June 22 for the Sox. Southpaw Jon Lester (7-4, 4.57) gets the ball for the Sox in game one. Lester is 13-7 all-time against the Jays and owns a 3.61 ERA.
The Jays will turn to Chien-Ming Wang (1-0, 2.18) continue their rise through the division. Wang has not allowed a run in his past two appearances this season.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo