Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli gets day off, Mike Carp returns at first base
|06.27.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
A dark sky has rolled in as the Red Sox get set for game one of their series against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays, winners of 12 of their last 14, come into Fenway Park one game over the .500 mark but in last place in the competitive AL East.
Mike Napoli gets the game off as Mike Carp returns to the lineup for the first time since June 22 for the Sox. Southpaw Jon Lester (7-4, 4.57) gets the ball for the Sox in game one. Lester is 13-7 all-time against the Jays and owns a 3.61 ERA.
The Jays will turn to Chien-Ming Wang (1-0, 2.18) continue their rise through the division. Wang has not allowed a run in his past two appearances this season.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler