Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli back at first base
|06.28.13 at 5:06 pm ET|
Mike Napoli returns to the Sox lineup after getting the night off on Thursday. The Sox offense managed without Napoli’s presence Thursday night, exploding for seven runs in the second inning on the way to a 7-4 win.
Allen Webster (0-2, 11.25) will take the mound as he looks to follow up Jon Lester‘s quality start from Thursday. Webster, who is making his fourth career major league start, is still searching for his first win.
Webster will face off against right-hander Josh Johnson (1-2, 4.60). Johnson was a part of the blockbuster deal, which sent him, shortstop Jose Reyes, infielder Emilio Bonifacio, catcher John Buck and pitcher Mark Buehrle from the Miami Marlins to the Blue Jays in the offseason. Johnson, who has missed considerable time this season due to injuries, is making just his ninth start of the season.
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino has faced Johnson the most out of any Red Sox player, posting a .341 batting average over 41 at-bats.
For complete team coverage, click here.
Boston’s lineup is as follows:
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Napoli, 1B
6. Daniel Nava, LF
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Jose Iglesias, 3B
– Allen Webster SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route