Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli back at first base
|06.28.13 at 5:06 pm ET|
Mike Napoli returns to the Sox lineup after getting the night off on Thursday. The Sox offense managed without Napoli’s presence Thursday night, exploding for seven runs in the second inning on the way to a 7-4 win.
Allen Webster (0-2, 11.25) will take the mound as he looks to follow up Jon Lester‘s quality start from Thursday. Webster, who is making his fourth career major league start, is still searching for his first win.
Webster will face off against right-hander Josh Johnson (1-2, 4.60). Johnson was a part of the blockbuster deal, which sent him, shortstop Jose Reyes, infielder Emilio Bonifacio, catcher John Buck and pitcher Mark Buehrle from the Miami Marlins to the Blue Jays in the offseason. Johnson, who has missed considerable time this season due to injuries, is making just his ninth start of the season.
For complete team coverage, click here.
Boston’s lineup is as follows:
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Napoli, 1B
6. Daniel Nava, LF
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Jose Iglesias, 3B
— Allen Webster SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division