Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli back at first base
|06.28.13 at 5:06 pm ET|
Mike Napoli returns to the Sox lineup after getting the night off on Thursday. The Sox offense managed without Napoli’s presence Thursday night, exploding for seven runs in the second inning on the way to a 7-4 win.
Allen Webster (0-2, 11.25) will take the mound as he looks to follow up Jon Lester‘s quality start from Thursday. Webster, who is making his fourth career major league start, is still searching for his first win.
Webster will face off against right-hander Josh Johnson (1-2, 4.60). Johnson was a part of the blockbuster deal, which sent him, shortstop Jose Reyes, infielder Emilio Bonifacio, catcher John Buck and pitcher Mark Buehrle from the Miami Marlins to the Blue Jays in the offseason. Johnson, who has missed considerable time this season due to injuries, is making just his ninth start of the season.
For complete team coverage, click here.
Boston’s lineup is as follows:
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Napoli, 1B
6. Daniel Nava, LF
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Jose Iglesias, 3B
— Allen Webster SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot