Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli back at first base
|06.28.13 at 5:06 pm ET|
Mike Napoli returns to the Sox lineup after getting the night off on Thursday. The Sox offense managed without Napoli’s presence Thursday night, exploding for seven runs in the second inning on the way to a 7-4 win.
Allen Webster (0-2, 11.25) will take the mound as he looks to follow up Jon Lester‘s quality start from Thursday. Webster, who is making his fourth career major league start, is still searching for his first win.
Webster will face off against right-hander Josh Johnson (1-2, 4.60). Johnson was a part of the blockbuster deal, which sent him, shortstop Jose Reyes, infielder Emilio Bonifacio, catcher John Buck and pitcher Mark Buehrle from the Miami Marlins to the Blue Jays in the offseason. Johnson, who has missed considerable time this season due to injuries, is making just his ninth start of the season.
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino has faced Johnson the most out of any Red Sox player, posting a .341 batting average over 41 at-bats.
For complete team coverage, click here.
Boston’s lineup is as follows:
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Napoli, 1B
6. Daniel Nava, LF
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Jose Iglesias, 3B
– Allen Webster SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell