Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli back at first base
|06.28.13 at 5:06 pm ET|
Mike Napoli returns to the Sox lineup after getting the night off on Thursday. The Sox offense managed without Napoli’s presence Thursday night, exploding for seven runs in the second inning on the way to a 7-4 win.
Allen Webster (0-2, 11.25) will take the mound as he looks to follow up Jon Lester‘s quality start from Thursday. Webster, who is making his fourth career major league start, is still searching for his first win.
Webster will face off against right-hander Josh Johnson (1-2, 4.60). Johnson was a part of the blockbuster deal, which sent him, shortstop Jose Reyes, infielder Emilio Bonifacio, catcher John Buck and pitcher Mark Buehrle from the Miami Marlins to the Blue Jays in the offseason. Johnson, who has missed considerable time this season due to injuries, is making just his ninth start of the season.
For complete team coverage, click here.
Boston’s lineup is as follows:
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Napoli, 1B
6. Daniel Nava, LF
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Jose Iglesias, 3B
— Allen Webster SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 2: Corner Infielders
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released