Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits, Brandon Snyder starts vs. Mark Buehrle
|06.30.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Red Sox DH David Ortiz will get a day off with Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle on the hill. Mike Napoli will move from first to DH, with Daniel Nava starting at first, Jonny Gomes in left field and Brandon Snyder getting his first Red Sox start, this one at third base.
Ortiz’s absence is noteworthy given that he’s enjoyed tremendous success against Buehrle. The slugger has a career .358/.394/.627 line with three homers against the Toronto southpaw. For complete batter vs. pitcher information, click here. For full team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Buttrey stays unbeaten; Longhi's bat paces Drive
- Scouting Scratch: High minors bullpen arms
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada returns, Bradley Jr. goes off
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem