Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits, Brandon Snyder starts vs. Mark Buehrle
|06.30.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Red Sox DH David Ortiz will get a day off with Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle on the hill. Mike Napoli will move from first to DH, with Daniel Nava starting at first, Jonny Gomes in left field and Brandon Snyder getting his first Red Sox start, this one at third base.
Ortiz’s absence is noteworthy given that he’s enjoyed tremendous success against Buehrle. The slugger has a career .358/.394/.627 line with three homers against the Toronto southpaw. For complete batter vs. pitcher information, click here. For full team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester