Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits, Brandon Snyder starts vs. Mark Buehrle
|06.30.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Red Sox DH David Ortiz will get a day off with Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle on the hill. Mike Napoli will move from first to DH, with Daniel Nava starting at first, Jonny Gomes in left field and Brandon Snyder getting his first Red Sox start, this one at third base.
Ortiz’s absence is noteworthy given that he’s enjoyed tremendous success against Buehrle. The slugger has a career .358/.394/.627 line with three homers against the Toronto southpaw. For complete batter vs. pitcher information, click here. For full team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech dominates again, Dalbec blasts a pair
- Cup of Coffee: Tavarez leads Portland to doubleheader split