Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits, Brandon Snyder starts vs. Mark Buehrle
|06.30.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Red Sox DH David Ortiz will get a day off with Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle on the hill. Mike Napoli will move from first to DH, with Daniel Nava starting at first, Jonny Gomes in left field and Brandon Snyder getting his first Red Sox start, this one at third base.
Ortiz’s absence is noteworthy given that he’s enjoyed tremendous success against Buehrle. The slugger has a career .358/.394/.627 line with three homers against the Toronto southpaw. For complete batter vs. pitcher information, click here. For full team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound