Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits, Brandon Snyder starts vs. Mark Buehrle
|06.30.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Red Sox DH David Ortiz will get a day off with Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle on the hill. Mike Napoli will move from first to DH, with Daniel Nava starting at first, Jonny Gomes in left field and Brandon Snyder getting his first Red Sox start, this one at third base.
Ortiz’s absence is noteworthy given that he’s enjoyed tremendous success against Buehrle. The slugger has a career .358/.394/.627 line with three homers against the Toronto southpaw. For complete batter vs. pitcher information, click here. For full team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?