Red Sox lineup: Red Sox turn right against lefty Robbie Erlin
|07.02.13 at 5:00 pm ET|
Stephen Drew remains out of the lineup for the Red Sox as they get set to start a series against the San Diego Padres. Drew left with a hamstring injury on June 28 in a win against the Toronto Blue Jays.
The Sox have loaded their lineup with lefties for Tuesday’s game as they face southpaw Robert Erlin (1-0, 3.60), with Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder inserted into the starting lineup (and regulars Drew and Daniel Nava sitting). Erlin made his major league debut for the Padres April 30, against the Chicago Cubs. He earned his first win as a start on June 1 against Toronto giving up two runs of 6 2/3 innings of work.
John Lackey (5-5, 2.99) will toe the rubber for the Red Sox. Lackey has been throwing the ball extremely well as of late, throwing 21 total innings and allowing just six runs in his previous three starts (2.57 ERA).
For complete coverage of today’s matchups, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller