Red Sox lineup: Red Sox turn right against lefty Robbie Erlin
|07.02.13 at 5:00 pm ET|
Stephen Drew remains out of the lineup for the Red Sox as they get set to start a series against the San Diego Padres. Drew left with a hamstring injury on June 28 in a win against the Toronto Blue Jays.
The Sox have loaded their lineup with lefties for Tuesday’s game as they face southpaw Robert Erlin (1-0, 3.60), with Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder inserted into the starting lineup (and regulars Drew and Daniel Nava sitting). Erlin made his major league debut for the Padres April 30, against the Chicago Cubs. He earned his first win as a start on June 1 against Toronto giving up two runs of 6 2/3 innings of work.
John Lackey (5-5, 2.99) will toe the rubber for the Red Sox. Lackey has been throwing the ball extremely well as of late, throwing 21 total innings and allowing just six runs in his previous three starts (2.57 ERA).
For complete coverage of today’s matchups, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort