Red Sox lineup: Red Sox turn right against lefty Robbie Erlin
|07.02.13 at 5:00 pm ET|
Stephen Drew remains out of the lineup for the Red Sox as they get set to start a series against the San Diego Padres. Drew left with a hamstring injury on June 28 in a win against the Toronto Blue Jays.
The Sox have loaded their lineup with lefties for Tuesday’s game as they face southpaw Robert Erlin (1-0, 3.60), with Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder inserted into the starting lineup (and regulars Drew and Daniel Nava sitting). Erlin made his major league debut for the Padres April 30, against the Chicago Cubs. He earned his first win as a start on June 1 against Toronto giving up two runs of 6 2/3 innings of work.
John Lackey (5-5, 2.99) will toe the rubber for the Red Sox. Lackey has been throwing the ball extremely well as of late, throwing 21 total innings and allowing just six runs in his previous three starts (2.57 ERA).
For complete coverage of today’s matchups, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan