Red Sox lineup: Red Sox turn right against lefty Robbie Erlin
|07.02.13 at 5:00 pm ET|
Stephen Drew remains out of the lineup for the Red Sox as they get set to start a series against the San Diego Padres. Drew left with a hamstring injury on June 28 in a win against the Toronto Blue Jays.
The Sox have loaded their lineup with lefties for Tuesday’s game as they face southpaw Robert Erlin (1-0, 3.60), with Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder inserted into the starting lineup (and regulars Drew and Daniel Nava sitting). Erlin made his major league debut for the Padres April 30, against the Chicago Cubs. He earned his first win as a start on June 1 against Toronto giving up two runs of 6 2/3 innings of work.
John Lackey (5-5, 2.99) will toe the rubber for the Red Sox. Lackey has been throwing the ball extremely well as of late, throwing 21 total innings and allowing just six runs in his previous three starts (2.57 ERA).
For complete coverage of today’s matchups, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jose Iglesias SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox trade Andrew Miller for Eduardo Rodriguez
- Red Sox send Lackey. Littrell, and cash to Cardinals for Joe Kelly, Allen Craig
- Red Sox acquire Cespedes and draft pick for Lester and Gomes
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's arm carries Portland to victory
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches