Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew remains out, Mike Napoli gets day off
|07.03.13 at 3:13 pm ET|
Make it four.
As expected, Stephen Drew is once again not in the lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Padres. This is the fourth consecutive game Drew has missed after going down with a hamstring injury.
Mike Napoli gets a day off with Mike Carp getting the start at first base. Napoli is hitting just .231 in his past 10 games and hasn’t hit a home run since June 1 against the Yankees.
Brandon Snyder remains in the Red Sox lineup for a second straight game. Snyder had the game winning hit in Tuesday’s victory, when he cleared the bases with a double off the Green Monster.
Jon Lester (8-4, 4.61) gets the start for the Red Sox. Lester was strong in his previous outing against the Blue Jays, going seven innings allowing four runs and earning the win.
The Padres will counter with Edison Volquez (6-6, 5.50). Red Sox hitters have limited at-bats against Volquez with Shane Victorino leading the Red Sox with 15 at-bats.
For in depth matchup coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox lineup for Game 2 against the Padres:
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Daniel Nava LF
Mike Carp 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jose Iglesias SS
Jon Lester P
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder