Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew remains out, Mike Napoli gets day off
|07.03.13 at 3:13 pm ET|
Make it four.
As expected, Stephen Drew is once again not in the lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Padres. This is the fourth consecutive game Drew has missed after going down with a hamstring injury.
Brandon Snyder remains in the Red Sox lineup for a second straight game. Snyder had the game winning hit in Tuesday’s victory, when he cleared the bases with a double off the Green Monster.
Jon Lester (8-4, 4.61) gets the start for the Red Sox. Lester was strong in his previous outing against the Blue Jays, going seven innings allowing four runs and earning the win.
The Padres will counter with Edison Volquez (6-6, 5.50). Red Sox hitters have limited at-bats against Volquez with Shane Victorino leading the Red Sox with 15 at-bats.
For in depth matchup coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox lineup for Game 2 against the Padres:
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Daniel Nava LF
Mike Carp 1B
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs