Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew remains out, Mike Napoli gets day off
|07.03.13 at 3:13 pm ET|
Make it four.
As expected, Stephen Drew is once again not in the lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Padres. This is the fourth consecutive game Drew has missed after going down with a hamstring injury.
Brandon Snyder remains in the Red Sox lineup for a second straight game. Snyder had the game winning hit in Tuesday’s victory, when he cleared the bases with a double off the Green Monster.
Jon Lester (8-4, 4.61) gets the start for the Red Sox. Lester was strong in his previous outing against the Blue Jays, going seven innings allowing four runs and earning the win.
The Padres will counter with Edison Volquez (6-6, 5.50). Red Sox hitters have limited at-bats against Volquez with Shane Victorino leading the Red Sox with 15 at-bats.
For in depth matchup coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox lineup for Game 2 against the Padres:
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Daniel Nava LF
Mike Carp 1B
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon