Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew remains out, Mike Napoli gets day off
|07.03.13 at 3:13 pm ET|
Make it four.
As expected, Stephen Drew is once again not in the lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Padres. This is the fourth consecutive game Drew has missed after going down with a hamstring injury.
Brandon Snyder remains in the Red Sox lineup for a second straight game. Snyder had the game winning hit in Tuesday’s victory, when he cleared the bases with a double off the Green Monster.
Jon Lester (8-4, 4.61) gets the start for the Red Sox. Lester was strong in his previous outing against the Blue Jays, going seven innings allowing four runs and earning the win.
The Padres will counter with Edison Volquez (6-6, 5.50). Red Sox hitters have limited at-bats against Volquez with Shane Victorino leading the Red Sox with 15 at-bats.
For in depth matchup coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox lineup for Game 2 against the Padres:
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Daniel Nava LF
Mike Carp 1B
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card
- Red Sox acquire infielders Jemile Weeks and Ivan De Jesus
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Light dominate, GCL takes game one
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson keeps rolling, GCL wins semifinal
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in DSL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller