Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew remains out, Mike Napoli gets day off
|07.03.13 at 3:13 pm ET|
Make it four.
As expected, Stephen Drew is once again not in the lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Padres. This is the fourth consecutive game Drew has missed after going down with a hamstring injury.
Brandon Snyder remains in the Red Sox lineup for a second straight game. Snyder had the game winning hit in Tuesday’s victory, when he cleared the bases with a double off the Green Monster.
Jon Lester (8-4, 4.61) gets the start for the Red Sox. Lester was strong in his previous outing against the Blue Jays, going seven innings allowing four runs and earning the win.
The Padres will counter with Edison Volquez (6-6, 5.50). Red Sox hitters have limited at-bats against Volquez with Shane Victorino leading the Red Sox with 15 at-bats.
For in depth matchup coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox lineup for Game 2 against the Padres:
Shane Victorino RF
David Ortiz DH
Daniel Nava LF
Mike Carp 1B
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts
- Notes from the Field: Margot's Double-A debut and more
- Cup of Coffee: Portland welcomes new call-ups, Moncada has big night
- Dubon promoted to Salem, Jerez to Portland in series of roster moves