Pitcher Drake Britton promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket
|07.05.13 at 6:15 pm ET|
Red Sox prospect Drake Britton has been promoted from Double-A Portland to Triple-A Pawtucket, having totaled a 7-6 record with a 3.51 ERA in 17 appearances (16 starts) with the Sea Dogs.
The 24-year-old lefty is coming off an appearance Wednesday in which he pitched seven scoreless innings, allowing seven hits, while striking out four and walking three. He has allowed three runs or less in seven of his last 10 starts.
Britton has dominated left-handed batters, who have just a .187 batting average against the southpaw while striking out 30 times and drawing just six walks.
Britton, who is believed to be taking Terry Doyle’s spot on Pawtucket’s staff (with Doyle going to Portland), has made 32 Double-A starts, totaling a 3.61 ERA.
The Texas native ran into legal problems during spring training, having been arrested on March 5 in Fort Myers after driving 113 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving and property damage. Britton’s court appearance is scheduled for July 12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller