Pitcher Drake Britton promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket
|07.05.13 at 6:15 pm ET|
Red Sox prospect Drake Britton has been promoted from Double-A Portland to Triple-A Pawtucket, having totaled a 7-6 record with a 3.51 ERA in 17 appearances (16 starts) with the Sea Dogs.
The 24-year-old lefty is coming off an appearance Wednesday in which he pitched seven scoreless innings, allowing seven hits, while striking out four and walking three. He has allowed three runs or less in seven of his last 10 starts.
Britton has dominated left-handed batters, who have just a .187 batting average against the southpaw while striking out 30 times and drawing just six walks.
Britton, who is believed to be taking Terry Doyle’s spot on Pawtucket’s staff (with Doyle going to Portland), has made 32 Double-A starts, totaling a 3.61 ERA.
The Texas native ran into legal problems during spring training, having been arrested on March 5 in Fort Myers after driving 113 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving and property damage. Britton’s court appearance is scheduled for July 12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill
- The Write-Up: Teddy Stankiewicz
- System Restart '17: Catcher
- Cup of Coffee: Mother nature delays Chavis; Moncada stomps PawSox
- Minor Notes: Chavis turns heads in three-homer game
- System Restart '17: Outfield
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis blasts three home runs for Salem
- Scouting Scratch: First Look at the Portland Bullpen
- System Restart '17: Middle Infield