Pitcher Drake Britton promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket
|07.05.13 at 6:15 pm ET|
Red Sox prospect Drake Britton has been promoted from Double-A Portland to Triple-A Pawtucket, having totaled a 7-6 record with a 3.51 ERA in 17 appearances (16 starts) with the Sea Dogs.
The 24-year-old lefty is coming off an appearance Wednesday in which he pitched seven scoreless innings, allowing seven hits, while striking out four and walking three. He has allowed three runs or less in seven of his last 10 starts.
Britton has dominated left-handed batters, who have just a .187 batting average against the southpaw while striking out 30 times and drawing just six walks.
Britton, who is believed to be taking Terry Doyle’s spot on Pawtucket’s staff (with Doyle going to Portland), has made 32 Double-A starts, totaling a 3.61 ERA.
The Texas native ran into legal problems during spring training, having been arrested on March 5 in Fort Myers after driving 113 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving and property damage. Britton’s court appearance is scheduled for July 12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot