Pitcher Drake Britton promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket
|07.05.13 at 6:15 pm ET|
Red Sox prospect Drake Britton has been promoted from Double-A Portland to Triple-A Pawtucket, having totaled a 7-6 record with a 3.51 ERA in 17 appearances (16 starts) with the Sea Dogs.
The 24-year-old lefty is coming off an appearance Wednesday in which he pitched seven scoreless innings, allowing seven hits, while striking out four and walking three. He has allowed three runs or less in seven of his last 10 starts.
Britton has dominated left-handed batters, who have just a .187 batting average against the southpaw while striking out 30 times and drawing just six walks.
Britton, who is believed to be taking Terry Doyle’s spot on Pawtucket’s staff (with Doyle going to Portland), has made 32 Double-A starts, totaling a 3.61 ERA.
The Texas native ran into legal problems during spring training, having been arrested on March 5 in Fort Myers after driving 113 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving and property damage. Britton’s court appearance is scheduled for July 12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Spring training games begin
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals