Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz gets the night off against C.J. Wilson
|07.05.13 at 5:51 pm ET|
With the Red Sox going up against Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson, the Sox will send a right-handed-hitting-heavy lineup against the starter in their series opener in Anaheim.
David Ortiz, who is just 2-for-16 against Wilson, gets the night off with Mike Napoli serving as the Sox’ designated hitter. (Update: John Farrell told reporters prior to the game that the absence of Ortiz was just a normal night off for the DH, with the team slated to face a string of right-handers.)
Jonny Gomes has had solid success against Wilson, going 5-for-15 (.333), with Dustin Pedroia dominating the southpaw to the tune of a .471 clip (8-for-17). Brandon Snyder, who once again gets the start at third base, has one hit in two at-bats vs. the Angels’ starter.
Here is the Red Sox lineup with Felix Doubront on the mound for the visitors:
Mike Napoli DH
Jonny Gomes LF
Daniel Nava 1B
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jarrod Saltalmacchia C
Felix Doubront P
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens