Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz gets the night off against C.J. Wilson
|07.05.13 at 5:51 pm ET|
With the Red Sox going up against Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson, the Sox will send a right-handed-hitting-heavy lineup against the starter in their series opener in Anaheim.
David Ortiz, who is just 2-for-16 against Wilson, gets the night off with Mike Napoli serving as the Sox’ designated hitter. (Update: John Farrell told reporters prior to the game that the absence of Ortiz was just a normal night off for the DH, with the team slated to face a string of right-handers.)
Jonny Gomes has had solid success against Wilson, going 5-for-15 (.333), with Dustin Pedroia dominating the southpaw to the tune of a .471 clip (8-for-17). Brandon Snyder, who once again gets the start at third base, has one hit in two at-bats vs. the Angels’ starter.
Here is the Red Sox lineup with Felix Doubront on the mound for the visitors:
Mike Napoli DH
Jonny Gomes LF
Daniel Nava 1B
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jarrod Saltalmacchia C
Felix Doubront P
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes