Bryce Brentz sidelined by knee soreness
|07.06.13 at 9:38 pm ET|
Bryce Brentz, who was replaced in the outfield by Alex Hassan in the seventh inning of Friday’s game with Triple-A Pawtucket against Rochester (the Triple-A affiliate of the Twins) shortly after what was described by one onlooker as an awkward slide into second base, did not play on Saturday. The outfielder, according to a team source, is dealing with soreness in his right knee; though on crutches, he had not yet been evaluated as of gametime on Saturday night. At of Saturday night, no transaction had been made involving a potential trip to the disabled list, and Brentz had not been scheduled for an MRI.
Brentz, 24, is hitting .269 with a .319 OBP and .485 slugging mark. He leads the PawSox in homers (16), RBI (53) and is tied for the Pawtucket team lead in games played (74).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins