Andrew Miller getting X-rays for left foot injury, hamstring tightness for Shane Victorino
|07.07.13 at 3:21 am ET|
Red Sox left-hander Andrew Miller, who left Saturday’s game against the Angels with what the team called a left foot injury, went to a hospital for X-rays on the top of his foot, manager John Farrell told reporters. Miller crumpled to the ground in the bottom of the seventh inning on his way to back up home plate on a single, after trying to dodge a comebacker from J.B. Shuck. Farrell told reporters that Miller’s injury was not to his Achilles.
Meanwhile, outfielder Shane Victorino left the game for pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes in the ninth inning due to what Farrell characterized as tightness in his left hamstring. Farrell said that Victorino would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team