Andrew Miller getting X-rays for left foot injury, hamstring tightness for Shane Victorino
|07.07.13 at 3:21 am ET|
Red Sox left-hander Andrew Miller, who left Saturday’s game against the Angels with what the team called a left foot injury, went to a hospital for X-rays on the top of his foot, manager John Farrell told reporters. Miller crumpled to the ground in the bottom of the seventh inning on his way to back up home plate on a single, after trying to dodge a comebacker from J.B. Shuck. Farrell told reporters that Miller’s injury was not to his Achilles.
Meanwhile, outfielder Shane Victorino left the game for pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes in the ninth inning due to what Farrell characterized as tightness in his left hamstring. Farrell said that Victorino would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered