Andrew Miller getting X-rays for left foot injury, hamstring tightness for Shane Victorino
|07.07.13 at 3:21 am ET|
Red Sox left-hander Andrew Miller, who left Saturday’s game against the Angels with what the team called a left foot injury, went to a hospital for X-rays on the top of his foot, manager John Farrell told reporters. Miller crumpled to the ground in the bottom of the seventh inning on his way to back up home plate on a single, after trying to dodge a comebacker from J.B. Shuck. Farrell told reporters that Miller’s injury was not to his Achilles.
Meanwhile, outfielder Shane Victorino left the game for pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes in the ninth inning due to what Farrell characterized as tightness in his left hamstring. Farrell said that Victorino would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela