Andrew Miller getting X-rays for left foot injury, hamstring tightness for Shane Victorino
|07.07.13 at 3:21 am ET|
Red Sox left-hander Andrew Miller, who left Saturday’s game against the Angels with what the team called a left foot injury, went to a hospital for X-rays on the top of his foot, manager John Farrell told reporters. Miller crumpled to the ground in the bottom of the seventh inning on his way to back up home plate on a single, after trying to dodge a comebacker from J.B. Shuck. Farrell told reporters that Miller’s injury was not to his Achilles.
Meanwhile, outfielder Shane Victorino left the game for pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes in the ninth inning due to what Farrell characterized as tightness in his left hamstring. Farrell said that Victorino would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon