Andrew Miller getting X-rays for left foot injury, hamstring tightness for Shane Victorino
|07.07.13 at 3:21 am ET|
Red Sox left-hander Andrew Miller, who left Saturday’s game against the Angels with what the team called a left foot injury, went to a hospital for X-rays on the top of his foot, manager John Farrell told reporters. Miller crumpled to the ground in the bottom of the seventh inning on his way to back up home plate on a single, after trying to dodge a comebacker from J.B. Shuck. Farrell told reporters that Miller’s injury was not to his Achilles.
Meanwhile, outfielder Shane Victorino left the game for pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes in the ninth inning due to what Farrell characterized as tightness in his left hamstring. Farrell said that Victorino would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Ian Cundall
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game