Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino, Jarrod Saltalamacchia sit; Mike Carp, Ryan Lavarnway start vs. Jered Weaver
|07.07.13 at 4:50 pm ET|
One day after he left Saturday’s Red Sox-Angels game due to left hamstring tightness, Shane Victorino is out of the lineup. Mike Carp is in the lineup against right-hander Jeff Weaver. Brock Holt is in the lineup again at third base against the right-handed Weaver.
David Ortiz, batting cleanup, owns a considerable track record of success against the Angels ace. In 33 career plate appearances against Weaver, Ortiz is hitting .345/.394/.621 with two homers and two doubles. Weaver will be facing his close friend John Lackey.
Lackey, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Halos, is making his third appearance as a visitor to Anaheim, and his first since 2011. In two prior appearances with the Sox against the Angels in Anaheim, Lackey is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA, 10 strikeouts and two walks.
In a small departure from typical patterns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia (after catching 11 innings on Saturday) is sitting against a right-handed starter in favor of Ryan Lavarnway. Saltalamacchia is a career .333/.389/.533 hitter in 18 plate appearances against Weaver.
RED SOX LINEUP
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance