Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino, Jarrod Saltalamacchia sit; Mike Carp, Ryan Lavarnway start vs. Jered Weaver
|07.07.13 at 4:50 pm ET|
One day after he left Saturday’s Red Sox-Angels game due to left hamstring tightness, Shane Victorino is out of the lineup. Mike Carp is in the lineup against right-hander Jeff Weaver. Brock Holt is in the lineup again at third base against the right-handed Weaver.
David Ortiz, batting cleanup, owns a considerable track record of success against the Angels ace. In 33 career plate appearances against Weaver, Ortiz is hitting .345/.394/.621 with two homers and two doubles. Weaver will be facing his close friend John Lackey.
Lackey, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Halos, is making his third appearance as a visitor to Anaheim, and his first since 2011. In two prior appearances with the Sox against the Angels in Anaheim, Lackey is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA, 10 strikeouts and two walks.
In a small departure from typical patterns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia (after catching 11 innings on Saturday) is sitting against a right-handed starter in favor of Ryan Lavarnway. Saltalamacchia is a career .333/.389/.533 hitter in 18 plate appearances against Weaver.
RED SOX LINEUP
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power