Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino, Jarrod Saltalamacchia sit; Mike Carp, Ryan Lavarnway start vs. Jered Weaver
|07.07.13 at 4:50 pm ET|
One day after he left Saturday’s Red Sox-Angels game due to left hamstring tightness, Shane Victorino is out of the lineup. Mike Carp is in the lineup against right-hander Jeff Weaver. Brock Holt is in the lineup again at third base against the right-handed Weaver.
David Ortiz, batting cleanup, owns a considerable track record of success against the Angels ace. In 33 career plate appearances against Weaver, Ortiz is hitting .345/.394/.621 with two homers and two doubles. Weaver will be facing his close friend John Lackey.
Lackey, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Halos, is making his third appearance as a visitor to Anaheim, and his first since 2011. In two prior appearances with the Sox against the Angels in Anaheim, Lackey is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA, 10 strikeouts and two walks.
In a small departure from typical patterns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia (after catching 11 innings on Saturday) is sitting against a right-handed starter in favor of Ryan Lavarnway. Saltalamacchia is a career .333/.389/.533 hitter in 18 plate appearances against Weaver.
RED SOX LINEUP
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston