Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino, Jarrod Saltalamacchia sit; Mike Carp, Ryan Lavarnway start vs. Jered Weaver
|07.07.13 at 4:50 pm ET|
One day after he left Saturday’s Red Sox-Angels game due to left hamstring tightness, Shane Victorino is out of the lineup. Mike Carp is in the lineup against right-hander Jeff Weaver. Brock Holt is in the lineup again at third base against the right-handed Weaver.
David Ortiz, batting cleanup, owns a considerable track record of success against the Angels ace. In 33 career plate appearances against Weaver, Ortiz is hitting .345/.394/.621 with two homers and two doubles. Weaver will be facing his close friend John Lackey.
Lackey, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Halos, is making his third appearance as a visitor to Anaheim, and his first since 2011. In two prior appearances with the Sox against the Angels in Anaheim, Lackey is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA, 10 strikeouts and two walks.
In a small departure from typical patterns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia (after catching 11 innings on Saturday) is sitting against a right-handed starter in favor of Ryan Lavarnway. Saltalamacchia is a career .333/.389/.533 hitter in 18 plate appearances against Weaver.
RED SOX LINEUP
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks