Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino, Jarrod Saltalamacchia sit; Mike Carp, Ryan Lavarnway start vs. Jered Weaver
|07.07.13 at 4:50 pm ET|
One day after he left Saturday’s Red Sox-Angels game due to left hamstring tightness, Shane Victorino is out of the lineup. Mike Carp is in the lineup against right-hander Jeff Weaver. Brock Holt is in the lineup again at third base against the right-handed Weaver.
David Ortiz, batting cleanup, owns a considerable track record of success against the Angels ace. In 33 career plate appearances against Weaver, Ortiz is hitting .345/.394/.621 with two homers and two doubles. Weaver will be facing his close friend John Lackey.
Lackey, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Halos, is making his third appearance as a visitor to Anaheim, and his first since 2011. In two prior appearances with the Sox against the Angels in Anaheim, Lackey is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA, 10 strikeouts and two walks.
In a small departure from typical patterns, Jarrod Saltalamacchia (after catching 11 innings on Saturday) is sitting against a right-handed starter in favor of Ryan Lavarnway. Saltalamacchia is a career .333/.389/.533 hitter in 18 plate appearances against Weaver.
RED SOX LINEUP
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens