Red Sox Lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury, Shane Victorino out; Daniel Nava in leadoff spot
|07.08.13 at 6:36 pm ET|
The Red Sox will begin their series against the Seattle Mariners without two of their everyday outfielders. Shane Victorino remains out of the lineup after leaving a game on July 6 with hamstring tightness, while Jacoby Ellsbury who is a career .286 hitting (with a pair of home runs) against Mariners ace Felix Hernandez, also gets the night off, with Daniel Nava filling in the leadoff spot.
Hernandez (8-4, 2.69) takes the mound in game one of the series. Hernandez has enjoyed success against the Sox over his career, posting a 6-2 overall record with a 3.18 ERA over 85 innings of work.
Lefty Jon Lester (8-4, 4.41) will face off against Hernandez. Lester has pitched well of late, going seven innings in each of his last two starts, with an ERA of 3.21 over that span.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava CF
Jonny Gomes RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Brock Holt 3B
Jon Lester SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston