Red Sox Lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury, Shane Victorino out; Daniel Nava in leadoff spot
|07.08.13 at 6:36 pm ET|
The Red Sox will begin their series against the Seattle Mariners without two of their everyday outfielders. Shane Victorino remains out of the lineup after leaving a game on July 6 with hamstring tightness, while Jacoby Ellsbury who is a career .286 hitting (with a pair of home runs) against Mariners ace Felix Hernandez, also gets the night off, with Daniel Nava filling in the leadoff spot.
Hernandez (8-4, 2.69) takes the mound in game one of the series. Hernandez has enjoyed success against the Sox over his career, posting a 6-2 overall record with a 3.18 ERA over 85 innings of work.
Lefty Jon Lester (8-4, 4.41) will face off against Hernandez. Lester has pitched well of late, going seven innings in each of his last two starts, with an ERA of 3.21 over that span.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava CF
Jonny Gomes RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Brock Holt 3B
Jon Lester SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox