Red Sox Lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury, Shane Victorino out; Daniel Nava in leadoff spot
|07.08.13 at 6:36 pm ET|
The Red Sox will begin their series against the Seattle Mariners without two of their everyday outfielders. Shane Victorino remains out of the lineup after leaving a game on July 6 with hamstring tightness, while Jacoby Ellsbury who is a career .286 hitting (with a pair of home runs) against Mariners ace Felix Hernandez, also gets the night off, with Daniel Nava filling in the leadoff spot.
Hernandez (8-4, 2.69) takes the mound in game one of the series. Hernandez has enjoyed success against the Sox over his career, posting a 6-2 overall record with a 3.18 ERA over 85 innings of work.
Lefty Jon Lester (8-4, 4.41) will face off against Hernandez. Lester has pitched well of late, going seven innings in each of his last two starts, with an ERA of 3.21 over that span.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava CF
Jonny Gomes RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Brock Holt 3B
Jon Lester SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville