Red Sox Lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury, Shane Victorino out; Daniel Nava in leadoff spot
|07.08.13 at 6:36 pm ET|
The Red Sox will begin their series against the Seattle Mariners without two of their everyday outfielders. Shane Victorino remains out of the lineup after leaving a game on July 6 with hamstring tightness, while Jacoby Ellsbury who is a career .286 hitting (with a pair of home runs) against Mariners ace Felix Hernandez, also gets the night off, with Daniel Nava filling in the leadoff spot.
Hernandez (8-4, 2.69) takes the mound in game one of the series. Hernandez has enjoyed success against the Sox over his career, posting a 6-2 overall record with a 3.18 ERA over 85 innings of work.
Lefty Jon Lester (8-4, 4.41) will face off against Hernandez. Lester has pitched well of late, going seven innings in each of his last two starts, with an ERA of 3.21 over that span.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava CF
Jonny Gomes RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Brock Holt 3B
Jon Lester SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando