Red Sox sign outfielder Yoan Aybar
|07.08.13 at 9:21 am ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox have signed Dominican outfielder Yoan Aybar. Aybar, who turned 16 on July 3, is an athletic, projectable player who stands 6-foot-2, 165 pounds. The left-handed-hitting and throwing Aybar features a line-drive swing and power potential if he can add strength. He also shows above-average arm strength. As is often the case with international amateur free agents who sign at 16, Aybar’s skills are considered somewhat raw, but hint at potentially high upside.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.
- Red Sox name Mike Rikard Director of Amateur Scouting
- Top 40 in Review: Blake Swihart