Red Sox sign outfielder Yoan Aybar
|07.08.13 at 9:21 am ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox have signed Dominican outfielder Yoan Aybar. Aybar, who turned 16 on July 3, is an athletic, projectable player who stands 6-foot-2, 165 pounds. The left-handed-hitting and throwing Aybar features a line-drive swing and power potential if he can add strength. He also shows above-average arm strength. As is often the case with international amateur free agents who sign at 16, Aybar’s skills are considered somewhat raw, but hint at potentially high upside.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings