Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury returns against Mariners’ Aaron Harang
|07.10.13 at 7:13 pm ET|
One night after the Red Sox overcame a four-run deficit and posted 11 runs on Tuesday night, the team will get center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury back in the lineup. Ellsbury missed the past two games with a left wrist injury. Fill-in Jackie Bradley Jr. hit a homer in his absence on Tuesday.
Recent addition Brock Holt also gets another start for the Red Sox at third base with a right-hander on the mound for the Mariners.
Felix Doubront (5-3, 4.11) will get the ball for the Sox in game three of the series. Doubront has been strong for the Sox as of late, posting a 2.08 ERA over his last four outings. Doubront has not allowed more than three runs in a start since May 8.
Right-hander Aaron Harang will face off against Doubront. Harang has been better at Safeco Field this season, with a 3-3 record as opposed to his 1-4 record while on the road. His ERA is a full two points lower in his starts at home this season.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Brock Holt 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs