Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury returns against Mariners’ Aaron Harang
|07.10.13 at 7:13 pm ET|
One night after the Red Sox overcame a four-run deficit and posted 11 runs on Tuesday night, the team will get center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury back in the lineup. Ellsbury missed the past two games with a left wrist injury. Fill-in Jackie Bradley Jr. hit a homer in his absence on Tuesday.
Recent addition Brock Holt also gets another start for the Red Sox at third base with a right-hander on the mound for the Mariners.
Felix Doubront (5-3, 4.11) will get the ball for the Sox in game three of the series. Doubront has been strong for the Sox as of late, posting a 2.08 ERA over his last four outings. Doubront has not allowed more than three runs in a start since May 8.
Right-hander Aaron Harang will face off against Doubront. Harang has been better at Safeco Field this season, with a 3-3 record as opposed to his 1-4 record while on the road. His ERA is a full two points lower in his starts at home this season.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Brock Holt 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Devers homers, Shawaryn stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins, Anderson deal, Swihart homers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching