Red Sox lineup: Lackey looks to continue dominance
|07.12.13 at 6:59 pm ET|
The Red Sox take a three-game winning streak in Oakland Friday night, where they will face the division leading Athletics.
John Lackey (6-6, 2.80) looks to continue his dominant season, coming off a strong start against the Angels on July 7. Lackey took the loss, but surrendered just two runs on five hits. In Lackey’s last five starts he has gone at least seven innings. During this stretch, opponents have not scored more than two runs in each game.
Lackey will face off against righty Jarrod Parker (6-6, 4.04) on Friday night. Parker has been solid as of late for the A’s, posting a 4-1 record and 2.31 ERA in his last 10 games. Against American League East opponents this season, Parker is 0-2 in three starts with a 4.12 ERA.
With the right-handed Parker on the hill, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Lackey while left-handed hitter Brock Holt will get another start at third.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Jose Iglesias SS
Brock Holt 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight