Red Sox lineup: Lackey looks to continue dominance
|07.12.13 at 6:59 pm ET|
The Red Sox take a three-game winning streak in Oakland Friday night, where they will face the division leading Athletics.
John Lackey (6-6, 2.80) looks to continue his dominant season, coming off a strong start against the Angels on July 7. Lackey took the loss, but surrendered just two runs on five hits. In Lackey’s last five starts he has gone at least seven innings. During this stretch, opponents have not scored more than two runs in each game.
Lackey will face off against righty Jarrod Parker (6-6, 4.04) on Friday night. Parker has been solid as of late for the A’s, posting a 4-1 record and 2.31 ERA in his last 10 games. Against American League East opponents this season, Parker is 0-2 in three starts with a 4.12 ERA.
With the right-handed Parker on the hill, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Lackey while left-handed hitter Brock Holt will get another start at third.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Brock Holt 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback