Red Sox lineup: Lackey looks to continue dominance
|07.12.13 at 6:59 pm ET|
The Red Sox take a three-game winning streak in Oakland Friday night, where they will face the division leading Athletics.
John Lackey (6-6, 2.80) looks to continue his dominant season, coming off a strong start against the Angels on July 7. Lackey took the loss, but surrendered just two runs on five hits. In Lackey’s last five starts he has gone at least seven innings. During this stretch, opponents have not scored more than two runs in each game.
Lackey will face off against righty Jarrod Parker (6-6, 4.04) on Friday night. Parker has been solid as of late for the A’s, posting a 4-1 record and 2.31 ERA in his last 10 games. Against American League East opponents this season, Parker is 0-2 in three starts with a 4.12 ERA.
With the right-handed Parker on the hill, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Lackey while left-handed hitter Brock Holt will get another start at third.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Brock Holt 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo