Red Sox lineup: Lackey looks to continue dominance
|07.12.13 at 6:59 pm ET|
The Red Sox take a three-game winning streak in Oakland Friday night, where they will face the division leading Athletics.
John Lackey (6-6, 2.80) looks to continue his dominant season, coming off a strong start against the Angels on July 7. Lackey took the loss, but surrendered just two runs on five hits. In Lackey’s last five starts he has gone at least seven innings. During this stretch, opponents have not scored more than two runs in each game.
Lackey will face off against righty Jarrod Parker (6-6, 4.04) on Friday night. Parker has been solid as of late for the A’s, posting a 4-1 record and 2.31 ERA in his last 10 games. Against American League East opponents this season, Parker is 0-2 in three starts with a 4.12 ERA.
With the right-handed Parker on the hill, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Lackey while left-handed hitter Brock Holt will get another start at third.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Jose Iglesias SS
Brock Holt 3B
John Lackey P
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder