Red Sox lineup: Lackey looks to continue dominance
|07.12.13 at 6:59 pm ET|
The Red Sox take a three-game winning streak in Oakland Friday night, where they will face the division leading Athletics.
John Lackey (6-6, 2.80) looks to continue his dominant season, coming off a strong start against the Angels on July 7. Lackey took the loss, but surrendered just two runs on five hits. In Lackey’s last five starts he has gone at least seven innings. During this stretch, opponents have not scored more than two runs in each game.
Lackey will face off against righty Jarrod Parker (6-6, 4.04) on Friday night. Parker has been solid as of late for the A’s, posting a 4-1 record and 2.31 ERA in his last 10 games. Against American League East opponents this season, Parker is 0-2 in three starts with a 4.12 ERA.
With the right-handed Parker on the hill, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Lackey while left-handed hitter Brock Holt will get another start at third.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Brock Holt 3B
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens