Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder start
|07.19.13 at 3:43 pm ET|
Friday night marks the start of the second half of the season, as the Red Sox open up against the Yankees at Fenway Park. The Red Sox enter Friday’s game atop the American League East Division and hold a six-game lead over the fourth-place Yankees.
Daniel Nava will get the night off, as manager John Farrell has stacked the lineup with right-handed bats. Jonny Gomes will start in left field for the Red Sox, with Brandon Snyder making his first start at third base since July 5.
Gomes holds a career .320 average off Yankees starter Andy Pettitte (7-6, 4.39), including a home run, a double and seven runs batted in.
The Red Sox will counter with southpaw Felix Doubront (6-3, 3.91). Doubront is coming off an excellent month of June, where he posted a 3-1 record and a 2.54 ERA across eight starts. In his past ten outings, Doubront holds a 2.63 ERA and hasn’t surrendered more than three earned runs during that span.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
For extensive matchup coverage for Friday night’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot