Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder start
|07.19.13 at 3:43 pm ET|
Friday night marks the start of the second half of the season, as the Red Sox open up against the Yankees at Fenway Park. The Red Sox enter Friday’s game atop the American League East Division and hold a six-game lead over the fourth-place Yankees.
Daniel Nava will get the night off, as manager John Farrell has stacked the lineup with right-handed bats. Jonny Gomes will start in left field for the Red Sox, with Brandon Snyder making his first start at third base since July 5.
Gomes holds a career .320 average off Yankees starter Andy Pettitte (7-6, 4.39), including a home run, a double and seven runs batted in.
The Red Sox will counter with southpaw Felix Doubront (6-3, 3.91). Doubront is coming off an excellent month of June, where he posted a 3-1 record and a 2.54 ERA across eight starts. In his past ten outings, Doubront holds a 2.63 ERA and hasn’t surrendered more than three earned runs during that span.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
For extensive matchup coverage for Friday night’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket