Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder start
|07.19.13 at 3:43 pm ET|
Friday night marks the start of the second half of the season, as the Red Sox open up against the Yankees at Fenway Park. The Red Sox enter Friday’s game atop the American League East Division and hold a six-game lead over the fourth-place Yankees.
Daniel Nava will get the night off, as manager John Farrell has stacked the lineup with right-handed bats. Jonny Gomes will start in left field for the Red Sox, with Brandon Snyder making his first start at third base since July 5.
Gomes holds a career .320 average off Yankees starter Andy Pettitte (7-6, 4.39), including a home run, a double and seven runs batted in.
The Red Sox will counter with southpaw Felix Doubront (6-3, 3.91). Doubront is coming off an excellent month of June, where he posted a 3-1 record and a 2.54 ERA across eight starts. In his past ten outings, Doubront holds a 2.63 ERA and hasn’t surrendered more than three earned runs during that span.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
For extensive matchup coverage for Friday night’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101
- Cup of Coffee: Moore comes through in the clutch for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada wins it in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Elias's career night powers Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi drives in two to boost Couch, Sea Dogs