Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder start
|07.19.13 at 3:43 pm ET|
Friday night marks the start of the second half of the season, as the Red Sox open up against the Yankees at Fenway Park. The Red Sox enter Friday’s game atop the American League East Division and hold a six-game lead over the fourth-place Yankees.
Daniel Nava will get the night off, as manager John Farrell has stacked the lineup with right-handed bats. Jonny Gomes will start in left field for the Red Sox, with Brandon Snyder making his first start at third base since July 5.
Gomes holds a career .320 average off Yankees starter Andy Pettitte (7-6, 4.39), including a home run, a double and seven runs batted in.
The Red Sox will counter with southpaw Felix Doubront (6-3, 3.91). Doubront is coming off an excellent month of June, where he posted a 3-1 record and a 2.54 ERA across eight starts. In his past ten outings, Doubront holds a 2.63 ERA and hasn’t surrendered more than three earned runs during that span.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
For extensive matchup coverage for Friday night’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Brandon Snyder 3B
Jose Iglesias SS
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball