Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Jonny Gomes and Brandon Snyder start
|07.19.13 at 3:43 pm ET|
Friday night marks the start of the second half of the season, as the Red Sox open up against the Yankees at Fenway Park. The Red Sox enter Friday’s game atop the American League East Division and hold a six-game lead over the fourth-place Yankees.
Daniel Nava will get the night off, as manager John Farrell has stacked the lineup with right-handed bats. Jonny Gomes will start in left field for the Red Sox, with Brandon Snyder making his first start at third base since July 5.
Gomes holds a career .320 average off Yankees starter Andy Pettitte (7-6, 4.39), including a home run, a double and seven runs batted in.
The Red Sox will counter with southpaw Felix Doubront (6-3, 3.91). Doubront is coming off an excellent month of June, where he posted a 3-1 record and a 2.54 ERA across eight starts. In his past ten outings, Doubront holds a 2.63 ERA and hasn’t surrendered more than three earned runs during that span.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
For extensive matchup coverage for Friday night’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs