Shane Victorino leaves game with left hamstring tightness
|07.19.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Shane Victorino can’t seem to stay healthy.
The outfielder left Friday night’s game after grounding into a double play in the bottom of the third inning. He grounded into the 4-6-3 twin-killing and limped across the first base bag. He was replaced in the top of the fourth by Daniel Nava in right field.
He immediately went down the dugout steps and down the runway to the Red Sox clubhouse with training staff. The team later announced that it was left hamstring tightness, the same hamstring that landed him on the DL in late May.
On May 12, Victorino ran into the right field wall. However, he stayed in the game for two more innings. Then, later in the month, he strained his left hamstring and was placed on the disabled list on May 24 (retroactive to May 21), and re-activated on June 8.
He re-aggravated it in Anaheim on July 6 before returning later in the trip in Seattle. Then, last Saturday in Oakland, he was plunked on the hand by a pitch but stayed in the game.
Last December, the Sox signed Victorino to a three-year, $39 million contract. In 65 games this season, Victorino is batting .287 with four homers and 24 RBIs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP