Shane Victorino leaves game with left hamstring tightness
|07.19.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Shane Victorino can’t seem to stay healthy.
The outfielder left Friday night’s game after grounding into a double play in the bottom of the third inning. He grounded into the 4-6-3 twin-killing and limped across the first base bag. He was replaced in the top of the fourth by Daniel Nava in right field.
He immediately went down the dugout steps and down the runway to the Red Sox clubhouse with training staff. The team later announced that it was left hamstring tightness, the same hamstring that landed him on the DL in late May.
On May 12, Victorino ran into the right field wall. However, he stayed in the game for two more innings. Then, later in the month, he strained his left hamstring and was placed on the disabled list on May 24 (retroactive to May 21), and re-activated on June 8.
He re-aggravated it in Anaheim on July 6 before returning later in the trip in Seattle. Then, last Saturday in Oakland, he was plunked on the hand by a pitch but stayed in the game.
Last December, the Sox signed Victorino to a three-year, $39 million contract. In 65 games this season, Victorino is batting .287 with four homers and 24 RBIs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks tosses complete-game shutout
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill
- The Write-Up: Teddy Stankiewicz
- System Restart '17: Catcher
- Cup of Coffee: Mother nature delays Chavis; Moncada stomps PawSox
- Minor Notes: Chavis turns heads in three-homer game