Shane Victorino leaves game with left hamstring tightness
|07.19.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Shane Victorino can’t seem to stay healthy.
The outfielder left Friday night’s game after grounding into a double play in the bottom of the third inning. He grounded into the 4-6-3 twin-killing and limped across the first base bag. He was replaced in the top of the fourth by Daniel Nava in right field.
He immediately went down the dugout steps and down the runway to the Red Sox clubhouse with training staff. The team later announced that it was left hamstring tightness, the same hamstring that landed him on the DL in late May.
On May 12, Victorino ran into the right field wall. However, he stayed in the game for two more innings. Then, later in the month, he strained his left hamstring and was placed on the disabled list on May 24 (retroactive to May 21), and re-activated on June 8.
He re-aggravated it in Anaheim on July 6 before returning later in the trip in Seattle. Then, last Saturday in Oakland, he was plunked on the hand by a pitch but stayed in the game.
Last December, the Sox signed Victorino to a three-year, $39 million contract. In 65 games this season, Victorino is batting .287 with four homers and 24 RBIs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101
- Cup of Coffee: Moore comes through in the clutch for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada wins it in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Elias's career night powers Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi drives in two to boost Couch, Sea Dogs