Shane Victorino leaves game with left hamstring tightness
|07.19.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Shane Victorino can’t seem to stay healthy.
The outfielder left Friday night’s game after grounding into a double play in the bottom of the third inning. He grounded into the 4-6-3 twin-killing and limped across the first base bag. He was replaced in the top of the fourth by Daniel Nava in right field.
He immediately went down the dugout steps and down the runway to the Red Sox clubhouse with training staff. The team later announced that it was left hamstring tightness, the same hamstring that landed him on the DL in late May.
On May 12, Victorino ran into the right field wall. However, he stayed in the game for two more innings. Then, later in the month, he strained his left hamstring and was placed on the disabled list on May 24 (retroactive to May 21), and re-activated on June 8.
He re-aggravated it in Anaheim on July 6 before returning later in the trip in Seattle. Then, last Saturday in Oakland, he was plunked on the hand by a pitch but stayed in the game.
Last December, the Sox signed Victorino to a three-year, $39 million contract. In 65 games this season, Victorino is batting .287 with four homers and 24 RBIs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas