Source: Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox making ‘progress’ in contract extension talks
|07.19.13 at 5:58 pm ET|
According to an industry source, the Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia have made “progress” in talks to sign the second baseman to a contract extension. Talks have between the team and the player have been ongoing since the offseason.
Pedroia is in the fourth year of a six-year, $40.5 million deal that carries a team option of $11 million for the Red Sox.
The 29-year-old Pedroia entered Friday hitting .316 with an .832 OPS, having played in a Major League-leading 96 games.
After Friday’s game, Pedroia said that he didn’t have any details to offer regarding talks between his agent and the Red Sox about an extension. He did suggest, however, that an extension to remain in Boston represented something that he would like to pursue.
“That’s great to think about. It’s hard to happen,’ Pedroia said of staying in Boston for the long haul. ‘This is all I know. These guys are my family. Everybody. If it got to that point, it would be great.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller