Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew back at shortstop, Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino out
|07.20.13 at 1:44 pm ET|
Shane Victorino remains out of the Sox lineup. Victorino left Friday night’s game after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, however manager John Farrell did not believe Victorino would be out for an extended amount of time.
Mike Napoli also gets the day off, as Mike Carp will play first base and bat fifth.
The Red Sox will take their lefty-heavy lineup against right-handed pitcher Hiroki Kuroda (8-6, 2.65). Kuroda faced the Red Sox on June 2 at Yankee Stadium, where he took the loss after giving up three runs of 5 1/3 innings.
Arguably the Red Sox most valuable pitcher towards the end of the first half, John Lackey (7-6, 2.78) will take the mound for the Sox. Lackey has been dominant as of late. In his last 10 starts, Lackey holds a 5-2 record, with an ERA of 2.53. During this span he has struck out 61 batters, while walking just 15.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For further matchup information for today’s game, click here.
Here is the Sox’ lineup for game two of the series:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies