Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew back at shortstop, Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino out
|07.20.13 at 1:44 pm ET|
Shane Victorino remains out of the Sox lineup. Victorino left Friday night’s game after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, however manager John Farrell did not believe Victorino would be out for an extended amount of time.
Mike Napoli also gets the day off, as Mike Carp will play first base and bat fifth.
The Red Sox will take their lefty-heavy lineup against right-handed pitcher Hiroki Kuroda (8-6, 2.65). Kuroda faced the Red Sox on June 2 at Yankee Stadium, where he took the loss after giving up three runs of 5 1/3 innings.
Arguably the Red Sox most valuable pitcher towards the end of the first half, John Lackey (7-6, 2.78) will take the mound for the Sox. Lackey has been dominant as of late. In his last 10 starts, Lackey holds a 5-2 record, with an ERA of 2.53. During this span he has struck out 61 batters, while walking just 15.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For further matchup information for today’s game, click here.
Here is the Sox’ lineup for game two of the series:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia
- Betts, Castillo highlight Red Sox Rookie Development Program participants