Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew back at shortstop, Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino out
|07.20.13 at 1:44 pm ET|
Shane Victorino remains out of the Sox lineup. Victorino left Friday night’s game after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, however manager John Farrell did not believe Victorino would be out for an extended amount of time.
Mike Napoli also gets the day off, as Mike Carp will play first base and bat fifth.
The Red Sox will take their lefty-heavy lineup against right-handed pitcher Hiroki Kuroda (8-6, 2.65). Kuroda faced the Red Sox on June 2 at Yankee Stadium, where he took the loss after giving up three runs of 5 1/3 innings.
Arguably the Red Sox most valuable pitcher towards the end of the first half, John Lackey (7-6, 2.78) will take the mound for the Sox. Lackey has been dominant as of late. In his last 10 starts, Lackey holds a 5-2 record, with an ERA of 2.53. During this span he has struck out 61 batters, while walking just 15.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For further matchup information for today’s game, click here.
Here is the Sox’ lineup for game two of the series:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez gets into a groove, Basabe impresses
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Dayan Diaz and Edwin Escobar (UPDATED)
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen