Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew back at shortstop, Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino out
|07.20.13 at 1:44 pm ET|
Shane Victorino remains out of the Sox lineup. Victorino left Friday night’s game after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, however manager John Farrell did not believe Victorino would be out for an extended amount of time.
Mike Napoli also gets the day off, as Mike Carp will play first base and bat fifth.
The Red Sox will take their lefty-heavy lineup against right-handed pitcher Hiroki Kuroda (8-6, 2.65). Kuroda faced the Red Sox on June 2 at Yankee Stadium, where he took the loss after giving up three runs of 5 1/3 innings.
Arguably the Red Sox most valuable pitcher towards the end of the first half, John Lackey (7-6, 2.78) will take the mound for the Sox. Lackey has been dominant as of late. In his last 10 starts, Lackey holds a 5-2 record, with an ERA of 2.53. During this span he has struck out 61 batters, while walking just 15.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For further matchup information for today’s game, click here.
Here is the Sox’ lineup for game two of the series:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Gunsolus, Ray power Greenville to win
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Devers record multi-hit games
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez