Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew back at shortstop, Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino out
|07.20.13 at 1:44 pm ET|
Shane Victorino remains out of the Sox lineup. Victorino left Friday night’s game after experiencing tightness in his hamstring, however manager John Farrell did not believe Victorino would be out for an extended amount of time.
Mike Napoli also gets the day off, as Mike Carp will play first base and bat fifth.
The Red Sox will take their lefty-heavy lineup against right-handed pitcher Hiroki Kuroda (8-6, 2.65). Kuroda faced the Red Sox on June 2 at Yankee Stadium, where he took the loss after giving up three runs of 5 1/3 innings.
Arguably the Red Sox most valuable pitcher towards the end of the first half, John Lackey (7-6, 2.78) will take the mound for the Sox. Lackey has been dominant as of late. In his last 10 starts, Lackey holds a 5-2 record, with an ERA of 2.53. During this span he has struck out 61 batters, while walking just 15.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For further matchup information for today’s game, click here.
Here is the Sox’ lineup for game two of the series:
Daniel Nava RF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon