Source: Red Sox approach toward trade deadline unchanged by Clay Buchholz diagnosis
|07.22.13 at 5:50 pm ET|
It was announced by Red Sox manager John Farrell prior to the Sox’ game against Tampa Bay Monday that Dr. Andrews’ concurred with the team’s view that Buchholz’ injury was, indeed, inflammation.
It is believed the team’s unchanged approach toward the deadline stemmed its confidence that the results from the pitcher’s visit to Pensacola, Fla. to Dr. Andrews’ offices would be in line with what the team’s medical staff had determined.
Following the announcement regarding Buchholz’ status, reports surfaced that one of the premier starting pitchers on the market, Cubs starter Matt Garza, was being sent to the Texas Rangers. A source told WEEI.com last Thursday that Red Sox’ interest in Garza was limited all along due to their unwillingness to part with a top tier prospects due to what would have been perceived as a two-month rental.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins