Source: Red Sox approach toward trade deadline unchanged by Clay Buchholz diagnosis
|07.22.13 at 5:50 pm ET|
It was announced by Red Sox manager John Farrell prior to the Sox’ game against Tampa Bay Monday that Dr. Andrews’ concurred with the team’s view that Buchholz’ injury was, indeed, inflammation.
It is believed the team’s unchanged approach toward the deadline stemmed its confidence that the results from the pitcher’s visit to Pensacola, Fla. to Dr. Andrews’ offices would be in line with what the team’s medical staff had determined.
Following the announcement regarding Buchholz’ status, reports surfaced that one of the premier starting pitchers on the market, Cubs starter Matt Garza, was being sent to the Texas Rangers. A source told WEEI.com last Thursday that Red Sox’ interest in Garza was limited all along due to their unwillingness to part with a top tier prospects due to what would have been perceived as a two-month rental.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts