Red Sox-Rays in delay
|07.25.13 at 7:01 pm ET|
Thursday’s series finale between the Red Sox and Rays is officially in delay.
The lights came on at Fenway Park at 6 p.m., about one hour before first pitch the tarp remains on the field as steady showers, which began around 4 p.m., continued in the immediate area of Fenway Park.
John Lackey is scheduled to oppose Jeremy Hellickson in the series wrap-up. The game is a critical one in the AL East, as the Rays have taken two of the first three to close Boston’s lead in the division to a half-game.
If the game is postponed, the likely make-up date will be on Monday as both teams have a mutual day off. The Rays are in New York to take on the Yankees this weekend while the Red Sox will be in Baltimore before returning home for a homestand that originally set to begin on Tuesday against Seattle.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes