Alfredo Aceves is hoping to remain with Red Sox for quite a while
|07.26.13 at 8:02 pm ET|
“Yes,” he said when asked prior to the Pawtucket Red Sox’ Friday night game if his desire was to remain in the organization. “I’ve talked to the Red Sox and I said, ‘If you want to do a deal for 10 years, I will do a deal for 10 years.’ I don’t want to go anywhere.
“I’ve had this body since I was 15-years-old and I can keep this body until I’m 45-years-old. I want to play here. I want to play more years with this team.”
Aceves hasn’t pitched since rejoining the PawSox, currently residing on the seven-day disabled list with a left oblique strain. The righty injured the muscle during his final appearance with the Red Sox, in Seattle, and is scheduled to get a second opinion on the diagnosis Sunday morning.
Aceves hadn’t been with the PawSox since being taken off Boston’s 40-man roster July 14. Prior to being put on the disabled list, he had been granted a three-day leave due to the birth of his son.
“It’s been six years (in professional baseball) and I’ve been hurt twice. That’s not bad,” Aceves said. “I’m looking forward to playing this year. We’re in a good position right now. I feel great.”
As for the Sox’ decision to take Aceves off the 40-man roster (with nobody claiming the righty), he would only say, “I’m still the same. It’s part of the business.” And was he surprised? “No comment,” Aceves added, going on to reiterate, “I feel great.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins