Alfredo Aceves is hoping to remain with Red Sox for quite a while
|07.26.13 at 8:02 pm ET|
“Yes,” he said when asked prior to the Pawtucket Red Sox’ Friday night game if his desire was to remain in the organization. “I’ve talked to the Red Sox and I said, ‘If you want to do a deal for 10 years, I will do a deal for 10 years.’ I don’t want to go anywhere.
“I’ve had this body since I was 15-years-old and I can keep this body until I’m 45-years-old. I want to play here. I want to play more years with this team.”
Aceves hasn’t pitched since rejoining the PawSox, currently residing on the seven-day disabled list with a left oblique strain. The righty injured the muscle during his final appearance with the Red Sox, in Seattle, and is scheduled to get a second opinion on the diagnosis Sunday morning.
Aceves hadn’t been with the PawSox since being taken off Boston’s 40-man roster July 14. Prior to being put on the disabled list, he had been granted a three-day leave due to the birth of his son.
“It’s been six years (in professional baseball) and I’ve been hurt twice. That’s not bad,” Aceves said. “I’m looking forward to playing this year. We’re in a good position right now. I feel great.”
As for the Sox’ decision to take Aceves off the 40-man roster (with nobody claiming the righty), he would only say, “I’m still the same. It’s part of the business.” And was he surprised? “No comment,” Aceves added, going on to reiterate, “I feel great.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo