Red Sox lineup: Usual suspects for Sox as Daniel Nava returns to left field
|07.26.13 at 3:12 pm ET|
Daniel Nava returns to the lineup on Friday night. Manager John Farrell had cited matchups as the reason for Nava’s lack of play recently, with Jonny Gomes starting in five out of the last six games.
John Lackey (7-7, 2.95) will start Friday due to the rain out on Thursday. Lackey has pitched one game against the O’s this season, where he earned the win after dealing seven innings, giving up just two runs on seven hits.
Chris Tillman (12-3, 3.84) will face-off against Lackey. Tillman has been extremely efficient in his last 10 outings, posting a 3.98 ERA with an 8-1 record. Tillman will make his second start Friday night since being selected to the All-Star team for the first time in his career.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
And for complete matchup coverage for Friday’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins, Anderson deal, Swihart homers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise