Red Sox lineup: Usual suspects for Sox as Daniel Nava returns to left field
|07.26.13 at 3:12 pm ET|
Daniel Nava returns to the lineup on Friday night. Manager John Farrell had cited matchups as the reason for Nava’s lack of play recently, with Jonny Gomes starting in five out of the last six games.
John Lackey (7-7, 2.95) will start Friday due to the rain out on Thursday. Lackey has pitched one game against the O’s this season, where he earned the win after dealing seven innings, giving up just two runs on seven hits.
Chris Tillman (12-3, 3.84) will face-off against Lackey. Tillman has been extremely efficient in his last 10 outings, posting a 3.98 ERA with an 8-1 record. Tillman will make his second start Friday night since being selected to the All-Star team for the first time in his career.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
And for complete matchup coverage for Friday’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo