Red Sox lineup: Usual suspects for Sox as Daniel Nava returns to left field
|07.26.13 at 3:12 pm ET|
Daniel Nava returns to the lineup on Friday night. Manager John Farrell had cited matchups as the reason for Nava’s lack of play recently, with Jonny Gomes starting in five out of the last six games.
John Lackey (7-7, 2.95) will start Friday due to the rain out on Thursday. Lackey has pitched one game against the O’s this season, where he earned the win after dealing seven innings, giving up just two runs on seven hits.
Chris Tillman (12-3, 3.84) will face-off against Lackey. Tillman has been extremely efficient in his last 10 outings, posting a 3.98 ERA with an 8-1 record. Tillman will make his second start Friday night since being selected to the All-Star team for the first time in his career.
For complete Red Sox coverage, click here.
And for complete matchup coverage for Friday’s game, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
John Lackey P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis