Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Mike Carp starts in left
|07.27.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With Daniel Nava enmeshed in a slump (the latest instance of which came on Friday in a game where he struck out three times), he will sit in favor of Mike Carp, who gets a start in left field against new Orioles starter Scott Feldman. Carp is 2-for-7 against Feldman, while Nava has never faced him.
As the Red Sox look to kickstart a moribund offense, they certainly have to like the odds of Mike Napoli making an impact. The first baseman is 11-for-23 with two homers in his career against his former Rangers teammate Feldman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players