Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Mike Carp starts in left
|07.27.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With Daniel Nava enmeshed in a slump (the latest instance of which came on Friday in a game where he struck out three times), he will sit in favor of Mike Carp, who gets a start in left field against new Orioles starter Scott Feldman. Carp is 2-for-7 against Feldman, while Nava has never faced him.
As the Red Sox look to kickstart a moribund offense, they certainly have to like the odds of Mike Napoli making an impact. The first baseman is 11-for-23 with two homers in his career against his former Rangers teammate Feldman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson hits for the cycle, Owens has impressive start