Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Mike Carp starts in left
|07.27.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With Daniel Nava enmeshed in a slump (the latest instance of which came on Friday in a game where he struck out three times), he will sit in favor of Mike Carp, who gets a start in left field against new Orioles starter Scott Feldman. Carp is 2-for-7 against Feldman, while Nava has never faced him.
As the Red Sox look to kickstart a moribund offense, they certainly have to like the odds of Mike Napoli making an impact. The first baseman is 11-for-23 with two homers in his career against his former Rangers teammate Feldman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia