Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Mike Carp starts in left
|07.27.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With Daniel Nava enmeshed in a slump (the latest instance of which came on Friday in a game where he struck out three times), he will sit in favor of Mike Carp, who gets a start in left field against new Orioles starter Scott Feldman. Carp is 2-for-7 against Feldman, while Nava has never faced him.
As the Red Sox look to kickstart a moribund offense, they certainly have to like the odds of Mike Napoli making an impact. The first baseman is 11-for-23 with two homers in his career against his former Rangers teammate Feldman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Let the games begin