Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava sits, Mike Carp starts in left
|07.27.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With Daniel Nava enmeshed in a slump (the latest instance of which came on Friday in a game where he struck out three times), he will sit in favor of Mike Carp, who gets a start in left field against new Orioles starter Scott Feldman. Carp is 2-for-7 against Feldman, while Nava has never faced him.
As the Red Sox look to kickstart a moribund offense, they certainly have to like the odds of Mike Napoli making an impact. The first baseman is 11-for-23 with two homers in his career against his former Rangers teammate Feldman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory